Who are the worst city-spammers?

I have seen Shaka DoW on an AI, take a city, burn it down, and then settle his own city on the ashes of the old. I have always wondered why his AI does this.

I have seen Shaka DoW on an AI, take a city, burn it down, and then settle his own city on the ashes of the old. I have always wondered why his AI does this.

I do that a fair bit. Why take the happiness and gold hit for an annex that's got loads of residual religious pressure, especially if you don't intend on witnesses living to tell the tale? Ashes make great fertiliser :devil:

i do that if there's just a better spot to place it, especially if it's not a very populous city

Washington, no doubt. On Immortal he poops out cities like there's no tomorrow.
I played France on a small continent with just Washington, Shaka Zulu and Gustav Adolphus and I actually had a lot of room to myself and good relations with all my neighbors. Then Washington starts dropping cities out of nowhere. And Shaka starts taking them, after having finished off Gustav. And then he declares war on me. Needless to say, I was boned pretty hard.

Top Bottom