• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Who deserves the ballon d'or?

Who deserves the ballon d'or this season?

• D. Alves (Sevilla)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Gerrard (Liverpool)

• F. Malouda (Lyon)

• Ronaldinho (Barça)

• S. Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)

• F. Totti (AS Roma)

• Total voters
Like the oscars, it's a pantomime

Kaka proved to be superior to C.Ronaldo in the 2 matches against Man Utd

Kaká was imperial in the two games against Man U. However, C.Ronaldo was a magician for the whole season. + he has been the best player in the best league in Europe, the Premiership. Anyway, it looks like it's going to be between these two

Like the oscars, it's a pantomime

It is in many ways, (although much less than the oscars), and last year was a disaster with Cannavaro (it should have been Buffon, Henry or Ronaldinho for me). Shevchenko and Owen have been very odd choices too in the past. And how comes Zidane won it only once?!!!:eek:
Anyway, there you have a chance to enlighten us and rectify this farce, Riker...

Anyway, there you have a chance to enlighten us and rectify this farce, Riker...

Well, I don't really follow football since the year before last AS Roma's scudetto. But, with my little knowledge, I should say Kakà (even if i hate Milan...)

This "prize" never made sense to me. The attention is too often dragged upon the attackers, and anyways Football is a team sport, not an individual sport, if one player "shines", much has to do with his whole team.

You're quite right. Plus too much emphasis is put on title winning, which means the winners usually come from a world champion or a European Champion team. For example, following France Football criterion, Messi has absolutely no chance of winning it this year because Barça did not win any trophy in 2007.
But I must confess I find this prize entertaining and I always await its result eagerly... And usually get pissed off.

Top Bottom