Who should be the leader of Greece?

Who should be the leader of Greece

• A Greek general or successor of Alexander (Ptolemy, Seleucus...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some Greek God

• Some non-existent female human (a la Shakala)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Civciv5

Grand Emperor
Since there are already a few threads discussing who should be the leader of various nations, I'm opening one for Greece.

Start voting now!

Switzerland was the obvious choice!

(ps. I did actually click it :mischief:; why was there so many joke options on this poll :confused:)

What is the option 'Switzerland'?

Neutral: because Switzerland is neutral.

I voted Switzerland: I'll be happy with anyone except Alexander but I'm not familiar enough with Greek history to suggest an interesting alternative.

Voted Pericles. People will pay decent money for an Alexander DLC.

& re: Switzerland:.. yeah it's the "no opinion" poll answer. Perhaps more easily understandable when your other two options are more of a binary "yes/no" sort of thing.

Got to be one of the Athenians: Pericles or Themistocles.

Why isn't Agamemnon on the list??? Because some still consider him mythical?

Leonidas would be a great leader to have in the game if Sparta was included in the game as an arch rival of other Greeks-Athenians.

Voted for Other, thought I'd suggest Diomedes, just for the heck of it.

Alexander the Great and his father, Phillip II, should be the great leaders of MACEDONIA, not Greece in the game.

I want Greece with Pericles in the base game, and I want Macedonia with Alexander in an expansion. I would also love if Philip II also became a leader for Macedonia.

I wonder if they actually picked Pericles as the leader of Greece this time. Alexander is too big of a name to pass up on though. I can't really see them making him the leader of a separate Macedonian civ (What would be a unique building/district for them?). Civ5 messed Alex up pretty bad (having a voice actor who is not fluent in Greek voice him, plus the tone of his voice is not deep like Alexander apparently was)
Whoever the Greek leader will be, I hope the background depicts the Parthenon or a similar temple.

Macedon is complicated, because Macedon was apparently thoroughly Hellenized and probably spoke either a dialect of Greek or a Hellenic language. For all intents and purposes, including Greece and Macedon would be rather like including the Iroquois and the Huron. True--they were different polities and were often enemies, but culturally and linguistically they were similar enough that including both seems pointless. That being said, while not discounting the significance of Alexander's Hellenistic Empire or the great impact Alexander himself had on history, I think Athens is overdue in having its fair share of the accolades--after all, prior to the Macedonian conquest and indeed even after it, Athens was the center of Greek culture.

Top Bottom