Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No war for now

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Go for it... attack them all

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Crakie

Soupnazi
Should we go to war and if so, who should we attack? It has been discussed in various threads and by all means we can continue that here - so you might want to wait voting for a while.

1) Attacking MIA as soon as we are in republic and have a decent force built up.

MIA is our neighbour closest rival at the moment and just for that we should definetely consider attacking them while our GS is still usefull. Them getting pikes is of no concern - they already have the hoplite.

Being SCI and COM, MIA will be hard to outresearch even if we succeed in using our AGR trait to the max (i.e. taking the bigger share of our continent).

Some seem to have developed quite the distaste of MIA's ways after that deal they struck with the other continent. Well, it's a perfectly solid reason for attacking them, but if it's wise is another question.

We wouldn't need to conquer them completely, crippling them before WW kicks in could do the job.

The biggest downside I see, is, if we succeed, having the other continent putting their differences aside and focussing their attention on us - two cores against one. Is this likely to happen though?

2) and 3) Attacking TNT or the Nuts

The logistics will be more complicated. The speed of the GS will be negated to some extent because they need to be transported with a (somewhat vulnerable) ferry-service.

On the upside, their continent is war-torn and they are probably behind in infrastructure. Would be nice to take advantage off.

Their lands should prove useful for getting scientists, possibly giving us the edge in research.

4) No wars for now, at least until cavalry

We could take our chances with that. Kinda boring though...

Would we still have an advantage by the time we reach Mil Trad? How about our GA?

5) Attack them all

Not at the same time of course :D We could first attack MIA and immediately move on to the other continent. Swift progress a must in this case.

I think MIA is a perfect first target. The question is when do we strike? As soon as we have swords enough or somewhere in the early MAges? I have come to believe that there is no way to win this other then by military power. I didn't think so when we started off but it becomes clearer to me as the game goes on. That means option #5 :D

I'd attack MIA too. They're close, and we won't need floating things to do it.

If we don't do it, they'll research fast due to their trait, and we might not be able to conquer them.

I believe we should have a heavy SoD for it to make the war as short as possible, but that belongs in the War Room.

Come on people, time to vote or else share your concerns!

I am leaning towards MIA as well, but I can be talked out of it. I am holding my vote for the moment...

MIA. I think it's time to knock them down a few pegs since we can't contend with their traits long term.

MIA... Soon we'll have 2 4-turn GS pumps. :devil:

I didn't realize that this was here. I only check what I'm subscribed to. I just happened to cross this thread by accident. You might want to post in the turnplay or gen. musings thread for more visibility.

Tubby Rower said:
MIA... Soon we'll have 2 4-turn GS pumps. :devil:

I didn't realize that this was here. I only check what I'm subscribed to. I just happened to cross this thread by accident. You might want to post in the turnplay or gen. musings thread for more visibility.

Aaah, well that explains the lack of initial response. Will do in the future (edit)

EDIT: Being the conformist that I am, I also voted MIA. Simply didn't find a good reason not to.

We could ask Rik to sticky this thread in the main forum "needed things" but I don't think we want anyone knowing we're voting on stuff. Not that I'm paranoid or anything. :mischief:

D-head already started a rax last turn (due in 6)
S-ton is staying on settlers for unit support mainly IMO
rest of the core cities are on GS

Bust MIA out. leave the smoke smokin' too.

Own said:
Who voted no war ;) ?

IMIO should still make make cities, if our expansion stops MIA might suspect war preparations.

Tubby said:
D-head already started a rax last turn (due in 6)
S-ton is staying on settlers for unit support mainly IMO
rest of the core cities are on GS

I think both are excellent reasons to keep pumping settlers :goodjob:

I should open a recent save, but I take it we have enough workers to keep up with pop growth in the core and road towards the front line?

yes we have something liek 24-27 of them

Top Bottom