who to attack?

wma

Chieftain
An ally on the same continent or a bad guy (who asked you for tributes all the time in the past) on a different continent, assuming only 3 countries left and they are of equal power?

If you can take out the guy on your continent, do it, if not, chill out, and don't give tribute next time to the other guy. If he declares war, land a few forces to raze one of his cities right by a resource you want and build your own city on a hill or the resource... declare peace as soon as you can, and you've a free new resource.

Your ally of course:flamedevi

You think the AI cares about the alliance. It happened several times that my beloved ally sneak-attacked me.

Strategically you can advance and reinforce easier on your main continent.

Still, if you want a diplo victory you should attack those who are furious with you.

Your ally naturally. You shld seize the continent and consolidate your forces and get territorial integrity, rather than dividing your efforts and attention betw 2 continents. ;)

Hopefully this is a SP game, if so, then attack your ally. Once you defeat him and make the newly conquered cities functional, you should have less trouble with the enemy on the other continent.

I should probably clarify the whole "hope it's a SP game" thing. I meant because if it were a MP game and your ally was a human, then they may change the circumstances since you may have a more complex relationship with a human ally than an AI ally.

I don't like going against everyone but I say the other guy on the different continent. You can then sgn a millitary alliance with your frend so he gets the blunt of the attack. *Evil Laughter*

In my experience (limited as it is), I'd go for the guy on the same continent. I've had my supposed allies attack me too many times when I'm off fighting another war to believe in any such friendships.

Remember the old Civ 1 and 2 trick the AI used of going into revolution just before opening diplomatic channels? I hated that!. The equivalent to that I can find in Civ 3 is that your longtime polite/gracious trading partner 'suddenly' becomes Cautious or even Annoyed when a RoP agreement they are enjoying comes up for renewal. Funny how they become very Polite again when I agree...:p

Top Bottom