Why do you play Civ?

I play because it I get totally lost in it for hours. When playing I don't worry about anything else. job, family, other stress is totally gone from my head. I think that is because it is such a thinking game. my success in the game does not depend on how fast I can press a button (or combination of buttons). But boy is it addictive.

Aegis said:
The early expansion land-grab is terribly addicting for me. Scouting out the map, locating resources and luxuries, plotting the logistics of the workers to build roads towards city sites and then assembling the puzzle of interlocking city radii with the advancing settlers is loads of fun and wastes a lot of time. =o) I like forming a nation of cities, growing and researching as best I can, and then smiting those who attempt to defile my lands with their dirty little footprints.

I think I'm with Aegis. Exploration is like Christmas - you never know quite what's in the package under the dark wrapper of a blank map. Control is good, too.... and I'm a (military) history buff, so trying to conquer the world is always a fun way to spend your day.

Chinghis said:
I think I'm with Aegis. Exploration is like Christmas - you never know quite what's in the package under the dark wrapper of a blank map.

Just like Christmas, only you want to find a lump of coal. :lol:

Aegis said:
SG means what?

1. I play it because it feels unlimited. Also, it makes me think. Frankly, I like to do things that make me think.

2. I love editing things. I can make the AI say 'I like pie', I can say 'Screw You' to the AI; I can make the domestic advisor look like a monkey. It'd be cool if there was a built-in editor for everything in Civ4.

EDIT: OOPS, wrong def.

Actually, SGs are Succession games - games played by people in succession.

Thank you, Tomoyo. =o)

I play Civ because it is terribly addictive. Why? Because I desire to stamp out the fllickering flames of other pathetic civs who maybe smaller or larger than me under the relentless march of my (so called) uber armies, to steal their techs, to plunder their treasury and to occupy their cities, or depending on my mood, to savagely burn them to the ground in a fit of wanten greed and lust for power. I want to be the most powerful civilization IN THE WORLD!!!

Seriously, all games are never the same, something different always happens in the way you interact with the AI and the AI interacts with you. Its all consuming.

i love these kind of questions... duh, why do you think i play civ? or any other game, for that matter? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom