Why is AI not improving resources?

actually don't. bug thread is dead as a doornail. You might as well as shout to Devs in your own bedroom.

It isn't. Bugs/Issues reported there in the past have been fixed (I can alone count at least a handful I reported) and Firaxis confirmed that it gets visited/used (we just should not only really on it and also report to 2k). For a very recent occasion of Firaxis officials even posting there see here:

[NFP] - [1.0.9.9] Kublai Khan bug with not enough early policies | CivFanatics Forums

So I will continue posting bugs there and no doomsayer will stop me. The only thing I personally recently changed is that I also link every bug I report there in the 2k civ forum bug collection thread :)

Dennis Shirk (who I have interacted with in the bugs forum) has confirmed that they still do look at the Civfanatic bug reports.

You can get solar farms without discovering oil wells. I am sure the dumb AI does crap like that all the time.

It's still far less likely that the AI hasn't discovered either oil or either oil well improvement, by the time it has solar cells, than it is that they don't prioritise strategic resources as they should.

It's still far less likely that the AI hasn't discovered either oil or either oil well improvement, by the time it has solar cells, than it is that they don't prioritise strategic resources as they should.

It is quite easy to get to Satellites without discovering oil wells. So no, it is much more likely that the AI has not discovered Refining.

I think the AI needs to be given free workers, with specific orders, depending on difficulty.

To provide a bit more info on this topic, from my current playtrough: it seems the AI does improve resources, but it does so quite late, so it should be a matter of priority in the AI rules.

SS below are from turn 317 (so if you won before turn 250 probably would not have seen them :) ). As you can see, some AI have started getting resources (and Kublai has nearly achieved the monopoly of salt, with at least, as you can see right of the panel, one industry built).

Industry and resources.png

In the spoilers below, you can see Poundmaker, Shaka and Cleo have built industries as well. Still, there is quite few visible in the map (9, out of which 4 are mine, to which you have to add 2 already turned corporations). It is true I have still most of the other continent to see, so it is possible Shaka, Kublai or Gorgo have more industries hidden. Nevertheless, it is also remarkable Qin, who is doing quite well, having conquered Babylon in the first stages of the game, does not have any industry built.

Spoiler Additional AI industries in the map (3 more examples) :

Industry - Gypsum.png

Industry - Silver.png

Industry - Incense.png

Are people having civs farm luxuries with this patch and mode turned on?

I’m on turn 300 in my marathon game and none of the 9 other civs have any luxuries.

Is there a workaround or setting to get around this? I don’t want to start over a new game if the result is going to be the same...

the game I was playing before the patch, the civs were farming luxuries.

Turn 253 Epic Huge Map 11 Civs - only two industries in ONE Civilization (Maya) that otherwise has 3 more types of luxuries (with possibility of industry which means 2 or more available plots with same lux). Everyone else has maximum of 1 luxury improved (most none !!!!). Are You kiddin me with this? Deity btw....Continents&Islands with low sea level so plenty of space.
Oh and a little of Offtopic:
Canada has a Great Artist roaming around 15 hexes away from nearest Canadian land...AI be smart...

That's not the solution, because even if Builders get infinite charges, the AI would still take dozens of turns to just improve some few tiles. I've seen AI Builders wandering around the Map to just to return later to their original City without doing anything [...]
I think a Better solution for that is giving the AI the chance to improve one tile every 2~3 turns automatically, without using Builders, but Gold costs (or nothing at all). It's not a propper solution, but without altering the AI completely this seems the optimal solution for that IMO.
I like this solution, it is comparably little effort and completely doable in Lua. I'd suggest to make the interval between improvements (for "fair" gold price ~ bought builder divided by # of charges) dependent on the number of such improvements the AI player has compared to the Human. (Say every turn as long as the AI player has < 10% of the Human // up to every 10 turns as long as the AI player has < 50% -- just numbers out of a hat)
Giving the AI more ridiculous advantages over the player, that you will never have access to by legal means is utterly demoralizing. I veto it.
No no, not overdoing it by ridiculous advantages ... just that it is better than now.
Modders will always out-do devs because modders have more resources and more freedom to do what they want.
1. In case of code which is essential for "true" civ6 AI development modders have exactly zero resources. You know, "at this time nobody intends to build up a wall ..." yeah, cheap joke, but I find it boring to repeat this No plans thingy ...
2. I think, from such comparisons we benefit more, if we find out results in concepts of playing strength or delight in playing the game we love instead of results on people involved in its making (devs&modders).
That's a neat Idea of yours. An Infrastructure Queue for Improvements [...] would be a quality of live feature. Tbh I wanted to make a Mod that improves every now and then an Improvement in an AI City (just to not let the Human Player be always the better "Builder"), but your Idea has kicked this nonsense from my head by now.
Oh, ok. So the project changed from helping the AI players in improving their tiles to making the builder UI more convenient for the Human ... :)

I like this solution, it is comparably little effort and completely doable in Lua. I'd suggest to make the interval between improvements (for "fair" gold price ~ bought builder divided by # of charges) dependent on the number of such improvements the AI player has compared to the Human. (Say every turn as long as the AI player has < 10% of the Human // up to every 10 turns as long as the AI player has < 50% -- just numbers out of a hat)
Oh, ok. So the project changed from helping the AI players in improving their tiles to making the builder UI more convenient for the Human ... :)
:lol: No. I just missed expressing myself better. The Idea of automatically building improvements for AI is Nice, though, but Lord Lakely gave us a decent Idea, in which my original Idea can somehow be included in, in a better way. For the Human Player it would be just UI actions that you can queue as your heart desires, but for the AI it would mean an automated Builder that has a list of prioritized improvements and their respective placements that are more profitable (considering adjacency, Beliefs, Policies...etc). Which means: No Bonuses/advantages to AI, But better Builder choices of AI (this is just fair). So, Theoretically, if the Human Player isn't working his infrastructure efficiently then the AI will outgo him in this regard. Which means, a more challenging Game, because the AI won't hang behind the Human Player in yields like before.

Practically: There are still some issues with Unit movement actions with AI. So, till there is a Solution for that, this AutoQueue-AI-Builder concept will just remain a Dream (but not for Human Player, though).

Playing with 8 AI's pretty late into atomic age. Not a single oil well built by AIs. I thought I'd google it and I found this thread. So here we are.

Top Bottom