Why is Ar-Rutbar excluded from the Arab flipzone?

You can't build a fort next to a city or another fort however, perhaps that is what @TsarAndreas is experiencing?

Was it different in CMC? There were a few rules that I forgot were specific to CMC. For example after you cancelled CMC and I started playing DoC more I kept not putting explorers on caravels for a while before I noticed that they had unit slots. I don't know, maybe I just tried to pass a fort that wasn't in my cultural borders once and thought it was a new rule that naval units can't pass period. Dang, that's really messed up my game.
I don't remember changing anything about forts in CMC, but that mod was such a mess I can't even be certain of it.

I'm aware of the "no forts next to other forts or cities" rule, but this is not what I was referring to.

I will double check when I next play.

Remember, this is in v1.14, so it is most likely irrelevant for future discussions.

Still, I neither remember prohibiting fort building nor reverting any limitations on fort building.

My bad. I checked last night and I can build the forts just fine in those places. What I couldn't do was station my fighters there, hence why I thought they were not useful.

I think in Civ 2 you could build a specific airbase improvement to allow you to remotely station your airforce, but that was before the days of culture.

I seem to recall there was some debate on this forum about whether forts should create their own culture. Until they do I'll just have to settle Guam if i really want that airbase!

I think in Civ 2 you could build a specific airbase improvement to allow you to remotely station your airforce, but that was before the days of culture.
That is also in Civilization III, so 'in the days of culture'. :)

Civ3 is the migration period of the Civ timeline.

What's Civ5 and 6 then?

Capitalist collapse of modern society.

Top Bottom