1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why [name of civilization] will fit in Civilization V?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Gewar, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksmit049

blacksmit049 Chieftain

Can I have my own. Sultanate of Sulu. With its leader, Sultan Kudarat.
    UU = Balangay (galley)
    UB = Barangay (courthouse)

Its sultanate is located in southern Philippines and an enemy of East Spanish Indies. Little chance to be included in the expansions. Just sharing though :lol:

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Not entirely true. After the Sealandic(?) War, Germany sent diplomats to recover prisoners of war to Britain. Britain says Sealands out of its jurisdiction, and Germany deals directly with Sealand's government. De facto recognition.

3. PTM

PTM Chieftain

The problem with these threads, as previously mentioned, is that civilization inclusion tends not to be based on the factors you describe. Indeed, it seems to be more about regional diversity and what the average, non-historian player would consider to be a sufficiently famous civilization.

I agree, however, that Poland would have been a nice inclusion. Funnily, despite the emphasis on diversity, vanilla civilization selection tends to boil down to the same few every single time. It would have been nice to have some "wilder" choices (Kush, Poland), as well as some more historically significant ones (Sumer, Akkad, Babylon), instead of just the same ol' suspects.

4. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

I reckon Australia should be a civ.... we are the only country to control an entire continent, albiet the smallest one.

5. Magma

Magma Prince

Steve Irwin for leader of Australia. The man was a badass.

6. blacksmit049

blacksmit049 Chieftain

Specify the many other achievement please. :)

7. Herrhals

Herrhals Warlord

not good enough?!?!

8. Chinese American

Chinese American Hamtastic Knight

their UU is Kangaroo Rider or Crocodile Hunter

anyhooo

Besides spreading out the 18 civs amongs the 5 continents, Firaxis probably also wants civs that represent the different eras. That means they also want industrial and modern superpowers like America, Germany, and Russia.

9. Savoir10

Savoir10 Warlord

Nah. We don't need to do that. Only one thing you need to know about OZ. You all think you live in the best country in the world. We KNOW we do.

10. blacksmit049

blacksmit049 Chieftain

No. I don't. In fact I live where typhoons always strikes. We are talking on why that civ/country can be in ciV.

11. mattigus

mattigus Warlord

I must disagree with you. Sealand is not culturally or militarily strong enough to be considered a Civ. It should definately be a city state. The one thing you have to do to ally with Sealand is to recognize it as a legitimate state.

12. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Moderator Action: Spam deleted.

Stick to the topic, please. And do it without the trolling.

13. INCAKOLA Peru

INCAKOLA Peru Chieftain

INCA(peru) should be included..they were included in the other civ games.They built world wonder machu picchu.......they took over territories in 6 countries, CHILE,PERU,BOLIVIA,ARGENTINA,COLOMBIA, and ECUADOR.

14. Savoir10

Savoir10 Warlord

It was a joke joyce. Oz will never be one of the Civs. We know that, but we love to annoy you lot who can't beleive you magnificent nation is not in the game.

15. Tusked

Tusked Chieftain

Man, I love Australians. They're so chill. All the Poles and Canadians are up in our business about never being in Civ (though in defense of the Poles, they deserve at least second expansion pack billing) and the Australians are just sitting back with popcorn (or perhaps vegemite) and enjoying the show.

<3 Australia.

edit: Why is Australia's nickname Oz, anyway?

16. Dale

Dale Deity

Because Americans pronounce it "Oz-stray-ya".

17. blacksmit049

blacksmit049 Chieftain

We are colonized by Spaniards, colonized by Americans and attack by the Japanese in WWII. Thanks btw. :lol::lol:

18. Savoir10

Savoir10 Warlord

Australia was also attacked by the Japanese in WWII. Now our national culture has become almost completely Americanise by crappy TV shows and awful rap music. Or as we older people call it rap with a capitol C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.