Why [name of civilization] will fit in Civilization V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sealand is the only nation that deserves to be in Civ.

SEALAND FTW!

Forget Sealand, there are many more important nations like mighty Hutt River! Now there's a civ with influence. They even have their own merchandise! Who doesn't own a Hutt River T-shirt, it's everywhere!

Also, I can't help but notice that Poland-Lithuania is NOT the biggest state in Europe on Chopin's map. In fact Turkey and it looks like Russia are larger. Population-wise, I think France and Turkey-in-Europe are larger than Poland too.

How can you have Genghis Khan and Napoleon, conquerers, but not Hitler. Blitzkrieg anyone.

Forget Sealand, there are many more important nations like mighty Hutt River! Now there's a civ with influence. They even have their own merchandise! Who doesn't own a Hutt River T-shirt, it's everywhere!

Also, I can't help but notice that Poland-Lithuania is NOT the biggest state in Europe on Chopin's map. In fact Turkey and it looks like Russia are larger. Population-wise, I think France and Turkey-in-Europe are larger than Poland too.

Yes, I forgot about Hutt River Principality. Sealand is unique in it's sovereignty as it is located outside of the international claim of any other nation. Hutt River Principality sits in the middle of Western Australia, and officially by the Australian Government is still under effect from the Constitution and Australian Law. No international entity has recognised either, but Sealand's position outside claimed territory makes it unique.

Thus, Sealand for Civ5! :)

The more specific period of beginning of Poland's history is 1300 BC (iron age). This is picture of Lusatian culture in Poland in iron age:

But other people say from year 966 when there was baptism of first king of Poland Mieszko I. So more than 1000 years!!!

Copernicus writes his important book in latin not polish. But Copernicus is polish scientist.

The Polish-Moscow war is not single short war and battle of Kłuszyn is not only Polish victory!!! There are other important victories. In battle of Vienna (1683) King of Poland John III Sobieski wins against the Ottomans.

I don't want be offesive to Seeland but it does not fit to civ 5

science: no, no Seland person has nobel for science

long history: no, only from 1960

culture: many people have never heard of Seeland

conquest, strong army: no

big territory coloniztion, settling: no Seeland is very small, and also too small for map

big territory coloniztion, settling: no Seeland is very small, and also too small for map

Sealand has had a far greater impact on the world than Poland.

The person who say that Poland Commonwealth was not biggest in Europe makes a mistake. Poland Commonwealth is bigger than european parts of Russia and Ottomans. For population: in 1650 population of Polish Commonwealth was 12 000 000. Population of France was 16 000 000. But Poland had biggest population in east Europe.

The persons who say that Seeland has bigger impact that Poland make silly joke to offend Polish people :sad:

The person who say that Poland Commonwealth was not biggest in Europe makes a mistake. Poland Commonwealth is bigger than european parts of Russia and Ottomans. For population: in 1650 population of Polish Commonwealth was 12 000 000. Population of France was 16 000 000. But Poland had biggest population in east Europe.

The persons who say that Seeland has bigger impact that Poland make silly joke to offend Polish people :sad:

Thanks for stating that, Captain Obvius - good to have you on our side :D
You forgott mention about biggest polish city - Chicago and polish conquest of Irland and UK in XXI century :D
We have got also very good beer and vodka - and do not forget about kielbasa.
Our plumbers and car-thieves are well known all over the world!

PLEASE - DO NOT FIGHT!

@Dale - wolud you make polish mod for Civ 5?

@Dale - wolud you make polish mod for Civ 5?

I'm sure someone will create a mod for Civ5 to polish anything thats missing or needs fixing. Something like BAT and BUG I assume. ;)

Also please note it was NOT ME who said Sealand has had more impact than Poland!

Though I did think it. :p

The only factor that matters - must have sexy female leader.

Justify your choice with pictures of good looking queens.

I'm sure someone will create a mod for Civ5 to polish anything thats missing or needs fixing. Something like BAT and BUG I assume. ;)

Also please note it was NOT ME who said Sealand has had more impact than Poland!

Though I did think it. :p

But I do agree with that state - I think that sealandian fleet could easly destroy all Australian battlesheeps. I also think that space victory is already archived by them - it is well known that their seman reached URanus ;-)
Moderator Action: Inappropriate - warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

About Poland - I forgott about our president controled by Radio! We have even back-up copy of him!

But I do agree with that state - I think that sealandian fleet could easly destroy all Australian battlesheeps. I also think that space victory is already archived by them - it is well known that their seman reached URanus ;-)

About Poland - I forgott about our president controled by Radio! We have even back-up copy of him!

:shake:

The more specific period of beginning of Poland's history is 1300 BC (iron age). This is picture of Lusatian culture in Poland in iron age:

:wallbash:

Excellent website on the history of Poland. Definitely a good read. Take it as an opportunity to learn something new about an interesting country instead of making crappy jokes. ;)

HISTORY, LITERATURE AND ARTS OF POLAND

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://elib.kkf.hu/poland/lengyel/history/picen/clip_image014.jpg&imgrefurl=http://elib.kkf.hu/poland/lengyel/history/EN.htm&usg=__wBt8V02touleaD4lzXPfDm66eOM=&h=372&w=254&sz=24&hl=en&start=2&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=qmR2avYsVzt8GM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=83&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dqueen%2Bof%2Bpoland%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DSJu%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Ds%26tbs%3Disch:1

Best picture I could find of a female Polish leader. :D

Jadwiga – the Queen of Poland (1384-1399)

Ok - we are now well informed about hisory of Poland and Seeland ;-)
I know my joke was crappy - but Dale's was either and he repeats it :p
Maybe somebody has another proposition? Maybe somebody wants to present Israel, Austria, Assyria, Abysynia, Siam, Olmec, Italy, Norwey, Denmark, Polynesia or anything else?

Right, that's settled. As soon as I get Civ 5, the first thing I'm going to do is mod in Sealand as a city state.

Is this an elaborate hoax account? I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're the Polish version of Borat. BTW, you forgot to mention that Sealand has inferior potassium.

Ok - we are now well informed about hisory of Poland and Seeland ;-)
I know my joke was crappy - but Dale's was either and he repeats it :p
Maybe somebody has another proposition? Maybe somebody wants to present Israel, Austria, Assyria, Abysynia, Siam, Olmec, Italy, Norwey, Denmark, Polynesia or anything else?

The joke about Sealand having more influence than Poland wasn't mine. So I'll accept your apology for assigning that remark to me.

Also, even if you want to push that joke onto me it is humorous in context due to how ridiculous it is. Your joke regarding Australian "battlesheep" and "their semen reached URanus" is disgusting, juvenile, sexist, vilification against homosexuals and plain vile.

I hope you get banned from this site. :mad:

:lol: You're only being offensive to yourself for seriously reacting to this.
Or is it still the frustration of Poland's non-existance as a nation for almost 1,5 century? (being divided between Russia,Prussia and Austria between 1795 and 1918);)

Koning - nation existed and it existed very well (many our most valuable cultural achievements were made at that time), it is only country which did not exist. And if I recall correctly, Chopin (user, not composer ;) ) is not a Pole, so I don't think he may be frustrated by such things :) I also do not understand this part:

Or is it still the frustration of Poland's non-existance as a nation

"Still"? I do not know any Pole who is "still frustrated" of this. We are happy that we regained our independence and we are celebrating it, so I have no idea where do you see any "frustration" :D

The thing that Poland has the most going for it is that it's debatably the place from where Slavs originate, along with Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, or the Czech Republic. Like I said, very debatable. I vouch that we make a Slavic civ rather than Serbia, Bulgaria, or Poland, and let the Slavs figure out who to put in as their leader. :p

Gewar please stop sexist jokes againt Australia! Please ignore Gewar joke, polish people are friends with australian people.

The person who say that Poland had non-existance for 1,5 century makes big mistake: also when there was not polish nation there was polish culture, music, romanticism, like Adam Bernard Mickiewicz, who was great poet.

Thank you Thormod... Jadwiga is my favorite! She was blonde, blue-eyed and elegant beauty. She was 1.80m tall, not common for medieval women. Jadwiga is also is patron saint of queens!!!
This is also a good picture:

Jadwiga’s flavors: creative, because she was sponsor of polish great artists, and spiritual because she did many miracles and she is saint canonized by Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom