why no hebrew civ ???

I suppose we always can blame it on anti-semitism.

Edit: I might have misunderstood nimrods question...

I think he means to ask why arn't the Hebrews included as a playable civ.

I think it would be a good idea, especially since Judaism is being included as a religion.

GangsterOctopus said:
I think he means to ask why arn't the Hebrews included as a playable civ.

I think it would be a good idea, especially since Judaism is being included as a religion.

I guess it would make sense, if there is a civ in there to represent each religion- is there?

Buddhism = ???
Christianity = Lots of the civs!
Confucianism = ???
Hinduism = India ?
Islam = Arabs
Judaism = ???
Taoism = ???

Fill in the blanks... I'm no expert of religion!

The Hebrew were nomadic for most of their history. Even in the times when they could be considered a distinct civilization, I don't think they compare very favourably to the featured civs in terms of size, longevity or achievements.

Buddhism = Japan (buddism/shintoism)
Confucianism = (China)
Hinduism = India
Islam = Arabs
Judaism = (Ethiopia. Isreal)
Taoism = (China)

-SA

the thing to really ask yourself is....who deserves their head on the civ cutting room floor to fit in you civ?..im not saying there a bad choice...but without throwing off balance of the game...by region,sales, units,,blah blah blah... were do the hebrews go?,,,hopefully they're in expansions..but dont act so suprised there not in the vanilla game

southafrica said:
Buddhism = Japan (buddism/shintoism)
Confucianism = (China)
Hinduism = India
Islam = Arabs
Judaism = (Ethiopia. Isreal)
Taoism = (China)

-SA

Ethiopia is Christian Orthodox.

Simple answer to the topic at hand. They don't deserve to be in. There are at least 15-20 civs I would include before them.

Raggamuffin said:

Simple answer to the topic at hand. They don't deserve to be in. There are at least 15-20 civs I would include before them.

There is a large jewish pop in ethiopia, and it is the resting place of the 'Ark'...

-SA

Raggamuffin said:

IMO, one of them should be Native America. Modern America should only be founded if England (or whatever) conquers native America (which is utterly horrible!)

Ok sorry for going off topic.

Benjie said:
IMO, one of them should be Native America. Modern America should only be founded if England (or whatever) conquers native America (which is utterly horrible!)

Ok sorry for going off topic.

I can disagree with that.
You know I think they're doing the same thing in Civ III with Civ IV -- mixing the Native Americans with the real Americans -- which is why the in-game flag for America isn't the stars and bars. It's not the modern USA country. Plus that sounds really complicated to represent all of the Native American tribes with one civilization because none of them stood together on any issue. While the tribes are certainly about 10,000 years old -- that doesn't make them an actual civilization... does it?

... A Hebrew civilization?... I have no idea.

Benjie said:
I wish they would pay more attentian to native America though.
I think it's quite sad.

I'm surprised they even THOUGHT about them in Civ III -- let alone included them in the actual American civ in that game. It's great to have that link with them in that stage because it makes just as much sense having America in 4000BC as it does England. While the people that make up America/England are in all sorts of different places around the world at 4000BC, you can imagine them there as a people -- maybe not together grouped as a settler, but it's a clear image that makes sense to develop their civilization from that period onwards.

Also -- sometimes people just have to realize... it's a game... not a history book... it'll never be a history book.

Jecrell said:
Also -- sometimes people just have to realize... it's a game... not a history book... it'll never be a history book.
Yes, but...

American people aren't really American are they. Their European invaders.
If Europe also conquered Africa, would that make them African? I think not.

*Hides from shotgun wielding rednecks*

Benjie said:
Yes, but...

American people aren't really American are they. Their European invaders.
If Europe also conquered Africa, would that make them African? I think not.

*Hides from shotgun wielding rednecks*

Why don't you read the numerous threads on this very same arguement... quite frankly I am tired of trying to explain it(or hearing it explained) over and over again. YOU SIR are an idiot.
Moderator Action: Warned for flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

-SA

southafrica said:
YOU SIR are an idiot.

People who say "YOU SIR" before a generic childish insult usually don't have the maturity to put forward a decent argument.

What did I ever do to you? I guess I am Sorry for being too new to these boards to not share your sense of frustration on the topic.

If your too tired to type it out, then how about you don't post at all. Why insult me instead? Is that supposed to help? Contribute? Enlighten me? Educate me? Prove me wrong?

Mister.

Benjie said:
People who say "YOU SIR" before a generic childish insult usually don't have the maturity to put forward a decent argument.

What did I ever do to you? I guess I am Sorry for being too new to these boards to not share your sense of fustration on the topic. :confused:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=131211

Yes and your gun reference referring to your opponents as redneck isn’t immature whatsoever ;)

After you read all the arguments for and against let me know if this topic hasn't been run into the ground... Welcome to the forum :)

-SA

Top Bottom