Why not conquests?

pirke

Prince
Hi,

I'm new to this game of the month, but I was wondering why you can't play with conquests. I know there are options for normal civ and ptw, but what are the differences?

That answers the first half of my question :)

What are the differences between normal Civ3 and PTW? If I am to join the GOTM i have to choose wich one.

Well I hope you like reading. :)

>>THIS<< is a thread that will take you on a journey.

You may want to visit the GOTM reference thread, stidkied near the top of the forum. It contains pretty much the GOTM "body of knowledge".

My apologies - I only read half the question. :blush:

The thread that Mad-Bax links to is heavy reading! But its quite interesting too.

What it basically boils down to is there are differences between the versions, but for the purposes of making the GOTM balanced, we've removed as many of the differences as we can: It shouldn't affect your score whichever version you play. :)

My preference would be to play the Play The World version, because PTW handles scenarios better => if you play under Civ3, you need to muck about with things like resources.pcx files to get your resources working properly, and in PTW you don't.

If you want to play in either version, you will need to download some graphics packages. Make sure that you download the right packs for the version you want to play, and that you install them to your Civ3 directory, even if you choose the PTW option!

If you load-up the game and get a entry not found in pediaicons.txt error, that's because they've been installed to the wrong directory.

Look in this thread for links to all the download packs. You will need the full-install for GOTM 21, then the add-on installs for GOTM22, 23, 24 and 25. :)

If you have any problems at all, PM me, or e-mail me at gotm@civfanatics.net :)

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom