Why simultaneous turns?

You can just queue up move orders and execute them immediately at the start of each turn by pressing the next action hotkey. Map the hotkey to your mouse 4 button to make it even easier.
The last patch also added a delay to AI actions, so combined with the hotkey it's really not an issue.

The last patch also added a delay to AI actions, so combined with the hotkey it's really not an issue.
Still a major issue for me I'm afraid - I'm not interested in a RTS pretending to be a 4x game.

But...you can just play it as a turn-based game. Just queue up all your moves for the next turn after you see what the AI has done for this turn. It's exactly like a turn-based game. The only times it won't work are when you built a unit and need to give it orders asap but that will very rarely happen.

But...you can just play it as a turn-based game. Just queue up all your moves for the next turn after you see what the AI has done for this turn. It's exactly like a turn-based game. The only times it won't work are when you built a unit and need to give it orders asap but that will very rarely happen.
While this might work technically in most cases, I don't like giving every order before I know what happens in the interturn - even in a game like Civ without this "issue"/"feature" I use preplanned movements only sparsly. And if the solution to this is to use hotkeys and be fast at the start of the turn to execute or take queued orders back...then we have again a RTS moment in the game, where speed of UI action matters (even if it is only pushing a key).

While this might work technically in most cases, I don't like giving every order before I know what happens in the interturn - even in a game like Civ without this "issue"/"feature" I use preplanned movements only sparsly. And if the solution to this is to use hotkeys and be fast at the start of the turn to execute or take queued orders back...then we have again a RTS moment in the game, where speed of UI action matters (even if it is only pushing a key).

But nothing happens in the interturn. If my units move at the start of the turn, but I chose those moves at the end of last turn with nothing happening inbetween, then I've actually just inputted moves outright. The "interturn", where the AI is acting, is the whole time between your moves (start of turn) and your choices (end of turn), which is exactly the same as Civ.

Top Bottom