Why the AI in FF is very weak!

Vorpal+5

Venturing in Erebus
I just realized something else, beside that the AI don't build magic nodes (and seldomly research religion except the FFH AIs).

The AIs don't build any farms !!! (except on bonus).

That's why I'm feeling I'm playing an easy game in deity, oh my god! :lol:

Now I really would like to know how to fix that... We just can't wait for the complete rework of FF to have this bug fixed ... or it means nobody will soon be playing FF!

Thanks for your attention... :D

it's not something that can be so easily fixed. Most AI code is in the .dll
You're welcome to learn C++ and give it a go though

Well, if I'm not mistaken, it is a change introduced by FF, because in FFH AI is building farms... So it is a sorry change. I believed it was just a matter of changing some weights in XML files.

I just hate C++ sorry, the language is old, twisted and simply awful to read. At work, we are doing our database stuff with Delphi, much more elegant while being as powerful. But YMMV ;)

no, it's a change that was NOT introduced in FF. We haven't gotten around to importing kael's big AI changes yet. Mainly due to time constraints on our small team

the AI is also building too many lumbermills where mines, farms, cottages, etc should be going.

I think the problem is that the value returned from CvCityAI::AI_clearFeatureValue is too high which causes the AI to not use any improvements that remove the forest in allmost all cases.

As a XML only temporary fix, you could try to give leaders a high negative ImprovementWeightModifier for lumbermills.

Top Bottom