Why where multiplayer people forgotten for brave new world?

The main problem here is that the problems with mp are so "diversive", as there are different problems for different people:

the good and more competetive players obviously want working duels and teamers:
1. I dont even have to play bnw to know that the new gold system pretty much destroyed the game for these people. Seems like there are only workaround solution for games being even possible to do like having CS in game but banning several abuse mechanics.
2. With turn based being not per team but per player all this hybrid turn thing is worthless
3. Observermode without observers being able to look into cities is pointless, the skill and important things happen in city management screen not on map

the bad and "family" players:
want play mp same way as singleplayer. They d need some "coop" mode. An option to setup game like it was singleplayer but with 2 human player.
Also these gyus need understand that ai contacting players doent fit at all to sim turn.

The medium skilled FFA players and rnd lobby player:
All this needed trading mechanics makes game mainly about making friends not about playing good. Also I see big problem for the people from random lobby who want fast games as trading needs time and management making 15 sec turn and 3 hour games allmost impossible. Overall I see alliances of 2 or 3 players being so strong that others might just quit games even faster as they do now. Or they stay and loose.
They might still be the least affected mp people.
Also the mentioned problem of hybrid mode - I just dont see it as an real option as in a usual mp game there just will be wars making game same way as pruly turn based all time. And this is just too timeconsuming

Overall this expension seems very much "scenario like" to me and obviously this isnt made for mp.
I dont think that crying helps, Firaxis wont listen anyway and I also see no easy bandfixes ..
So maybe only solution is to stop play mp?
Which is a shame on other hand as stability which been main former problem seem to be improved ...

I stopped playing in 2010 since Firaxis was patching things like noobs who don't know how to play and the MP coding sucked in general

but I think that no matter how badly Firaxis messes up the balance, it will still be a mostly symmetrical game where there will be some strategic way for the better players to win. because they haven't gotten rid of click race, it's better if the meta shifts away from combat.

the hybrid mode at least recognizes that this is a problem... whether they bother to fix it for team games remains to be seen

Top Bottom