• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Wildmana Strategy Thread

maglock

Coatlann Tamer
I think it is about time we started an official Wildmana Strategy Thread(TM).

So please post your most insane ways of totally destroying the AI that you have discovered for your favourites civs in Wildmana :evil:

I'll start by giving my current strategy for the Mazatl :

It is by no means a good one and you can easily win before this but I love Coatlynn the Wyvern. Hence my avatar :) So to get him early enough:

Go for the traderoute economy. The Mazatl jungles give you just about everything. So build lots of buildings giving you traderoutes. Altar of Luonotar is great for them as well. Culture bomb nearby civs. Mazatl get insane culture.

Ignore all the other lines barring Religion and Magic. Trade your religious techs for other needed techs. Be generous. Once you get your hero its fun time :)

Reseach your basics then go for Divination. Get your adepts out and get the mana requirements for the Tower of Divination. Research up to Religious Law. Then build the Tower. For your free tech get Theology. Now research up to Righteousness and beg plead and steal up to Arcane Law.

Summon the Wyvern :evil:

I love this unit.
- 6 moves through Impassable
- 2 First Strikes
- Acid Spit to rust weapons away
- 20 Strength
- Magic Immune
- 100% Collateral Damage

If you haven't already won, you will now. This one unit, given March, Blitz and Mobility I, parked on water or mountains to attack cities, will destroy whole civilizations by himself. 100% collateral means if you weaken the stack enough, 7 units can be destoyed in one strike! The one you attack plus 6 collaterals. With Blitz, you will be able to attack up to 7 times per turn. Levelling up is a breeze.

Bring in some Paladins for ground support, and some Priests of Kalshekk to cast a nasty fire ring spell and the game is yours.

Have fun :)

Here is my strategy for the Clan.

Clan are very tricky to play because they rely on large number of units yet this really hurts your economy. However, as a Clan leader you must realize that all your units are expendable (this was the first mind barrier I had to break to play successfully as Clan).

Your first priority is for Economy, so you should focus on cottage country as soon as possible. Do not get tempted by Masonary's Warrens early.

Here are your research priorities:
(1) RoK
(2) Education
(3) Masonary for Warrens
(4) Markets
(5) Bronze Working
(6) Catapults
(7) Ether (for Shamans)

Early on, focus on diplomacy. Suck up and give out; you don't really care. Maintain an army where a decent research is generated to get the above 7 items researched. You will notice that you'll fall back in research compared to AI but don't worry. If an early war is started, pump out cheapies so you can survive the SoDs and until you're ready (the AI has pretty much only one good offensive and then its quiet for a long time).

When you research the 7 items above, start pumping out your army. You will find that this is very fast because of warrens. Dedicate all of your cities that have warrens to build units. Note that catapults cannot be doubled due to warrens but you don't necessarly need many of these - but they are critical to your success.

Pump out units until your science rate is 20% and go wild. At this point, nothing can stop your horde.

Build a few shamans for support, and make sure your army is accompanied by priests (1st level) to both heal and to spread RoK as you conquer. Don't eliminate civs completely rather suck out all the techs they have and take your time.

Move on to next target and keep on rolling.

Some advice:

- You must have catapults and use them all the time even to attack a stack outside of city.
- Oh, and always pick the biggest dude. Once you break their army they will yield the most in terms of research and gold.
- Be reckless with your units, for every one that falls there are two to take its place.
- Don't be afraid to start multiple wars on multiple fronts; you can handle it all with your horde.
- I suggest turning on the Stack Attack option as conquest will go faster and you should not retreat **remember, key to clan is expendables**
- Keep building units, never stop unless you get money making buildings or improved production buildings, but then alternate your cities to build these and others continue pumping out units and then vice-versa

Top Bottom