• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Will Europa Universalis II run on vista

cubsfan6506

Got u
title says it all. Thanks in advance.

Confirming. You may run into the usual "avi problem", but the game itself works fine.

Yep I had that issue but it now runs fine.

Still playng EUII? :) My last game was this autumn (Brandenburg Empire in Europe and South America)

If you don't know it already, Paradox has released the source code for EUII (and Vicky and HoI as well, I think). It's a team of two persons working on it, and they're getting payed for it. Hopefully they will manage to fix some of the bugs, and also make some new content. The new version/patch will cost a couple of $ though. YodaMaster, one of the guys working on it, looks for someone who knows C++. Maybe one of you know it? It'll maybe speed the work up; it's been a couple of months of working now, and there's no news on how it's progressing.

I'm currently playing as Lithuania with the latest version of AGCEEP. :)

My use of C++ is very limited. Usually program in C# nowadays.

Just diploannexed Milan so most of Italy is now mine.

I think YodaMaster would appreciate any help offered, even if you don't use C++ regularly.

You got almost all of Italy with Hungary? You must be quite big then... I guess Austria is out of the picture? ;)

I also did an annexation:

Ahhhh. :D

I imagine getting rid of Russia is a similar feeling to getting rid of Austria as Bohemia or Hungary. :) Out of interest what happened to Poland?

This is my Hungary (I like to add culture groups occasionally so I gave myself Bosnian culture when I diplo annexed them and then recently gave myself Upper German culture as I've ruled a number of German provinces for quite a while now.

Bohemia diplo annexed Hannover and then recently diplo annexed Bavaria and Tyrol who had been their vassals for ages so suddenly they might actually be a threat. I've had one war with the Ottomans that ended inconclusively as I had run out of cash and didn't want any Orthodox/Sunni provinces. I had just had a defensive war against Spain to hold on to my southern Italian provinces which cost me about 2000 ducats plus a bit of minting. Austria were initially allies but we overran and annexed them whilst Corvinus was king (I think this is about the only opportunity where Hungarian troops can win comfortably).

That's three very powerful nations you got on your border there. As long as they don't attack simultaneously, you should be able to fend them off though. :) I hope Bohemia and Poland isn't allies - that could get nasty. What about taking some of the Balkan provinces from OE, and creating some vassals so you get a buffer down there?

Out of interest what happened to Poland?
For some reason they never attacked TO to get Danzig. Since they left it alone, I stepped in to take it. :D After they lost Wielkopolska to Austria, they were weak enough to be diplovassalized by me. They were annexed right before the unification-event (don't know exactly what would have happened then). I got a nice event giving me cores on the Polish lands, and Polish culture.

My goal for the game is to convert all Orthodox provinces. Might be difficult with Ethiopia and the Balkan provinces, which OE holds.

Dell, what modpack are you using? Also, does it extend to all parts of the world?

Its Mymap - AGCEEP (Not the latest version of AGCEEP) and it does increase the number of provinces everywhere.

Poland have had a few wars with Bohemia and Bohemia just annexed a load of nations (They've diplo annexing Holstein as well now) so I'm pretty sure that they hate each other. The Ottomans are not that strong as they haven't managed to take Egypt so I'm not too worried about them and only Burgundy have a similar land tech.

I found a problem with running the game in Vista. If you install the AGCEEP mod, it will work when run after the installer, but if you play from the shortcut, you end up in the normal game with no scenario options.

I found out the problem. What I did was add a shortcut to the Games Explorer by copying the one on the desktop, and the one in the explorer didn't work for some reason.

Top Bottom