Will Feinstein capitulate on Obama's choice for CIA director?

Sims2789

Fool me once...
If the Feinstein threatens to oppose Panetta's confirmation, I bet Obama reminds her that he can declassify documents showing that she knew about torture in 2003.

Even without blackmail, I bet she votes to confirm Panetta. It isn't in her interest to oppose him.

Feinstein's already come out and okayed Panetta today, and accepted that the whole thing was a goof up

The power of the honeymoon...

My impression was she was upset she was not conferred upon regarding the surprise pick. Being the Chairwoman of the Select Committee on Intelligence, she should have been consulted I think.

~Chris

If the Feinstein threatens to oppose Panetta's confirmation, I bet Obama reminds her that he can declassify documents showing that she knew about torture in 2003.

Even without blackmail, I bet she votes to confirm Panetta. It isn't in her interest to oppose him.

Well thats definitely change....blackmailing various democrat congresspeople in order to confirm a democrat appointee.

The power of the honeymoon...

My impression was she was upset she was not conferred upon regarding the surprise pick. Being the Chairwoman of the Select Committee on Intelligence, she should have been consulted I think.

~Chris

Sen. Biden agrees with you on that one.

Pres.-elect Obama isn't going to have any trouble getting his nominees through the Democratic Congress. Unless he goes all Harriet Miers on us, and I don't think anyone foresees that.

God, when can we vote her out? Is it just me, or is Feinstein a horrible senator? Boxer is great, but with Iraq, the warrantless wiretapping vote, and Flag Desecration (WTF?), I just can't stand her

Top Bottom