1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Steam allow me to play both Civ 6 and Civ 5

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by jmknpk, May 15, 2016.

1. jmknpk

jmknpk Chieftain

I actually prefer Steam now. For many reasons. My favorites are cloud savegame storage, ability to immediately and install to play on any hardware, and automatic updates to assure I am always playing the latest release without ever needing to check. Oh, one other thing. If I restore my machine to out of the box factory condition, all I need to do is log into Steam and press install. Don't need to figure out where I can find that 20 digit software "key" (on a disk, box, manual, email, or online somewhere).

Over the years, my perspective has definitely shifted through experience, and improvements of Steam. I was very skeptical and uncomfortable with some of the control I had ceded when I first began playing games through Steam.

I just looked through my games library and realize I do have two separate versions of a major title. Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 and Football Manager 2014. Same game, different annual releases, different names.

I am very confident all will be fine in my Civ 6 and Civ 5 gaming worlds.