Will the Adept Blue station be overpowered?

Okay, so 6 prod and 6 food difference until you have upgraded terrascapes (which are 3/3/3 and ignore base yield). Let's say in 150 turns that is a 900 prod and 900 food yield. This of course demands that you tech according to your starting position, but I said that already. Compare that to what could be 15,000 beakers with a full game's access to old AB.

Jesus, are you trolling me now or are you serious? That difference obviously has an exponential impact. You get pop and buildings earlier that again help you get other stuff earlier and so on. The basic 900 difference is only one aspect of this. Do I really have to explain the fundamental mechanics here? 15,000 beakers distributed over the whole game are NOTHING compared to this. And unlike the prod / food bonus they aren't even guaranteed.

Moderator Action: Cool it, please. Don't suggest others might be trolling, just engage with each other civilly.

Jesus, are you trolling me now or are you serious? That difference obviously has an exponential impact. You get pop and buildings earlier that again help you get other stuff earlier and so on. The basic 900 difference is only one aspect of this. Do I really have to explain the fundamental mechanics here? 15,000 beakers distributed over the whole game are NOTHING compared to this. And unlike the prod / food bonus they aren't even guaranteed.

What you forget is that you will never have the 6/6 difference in base yield right away. In the MaDjinn's Kavithean game, his capitol was a 4 pop until about turn 75 (also his trade routes were up and kicking by that time, and the way they work in BE seem to be based on the difference between city yields, so a capitol with poor yields will be more helped by those than a good one). And show me how the difference between best 4 workable tiles in a good and a bad starting pos. can differ with 6 food and 6 prod, and remember that in the beginning the difference is much less. Most tiles you're going to work early in the game are 1f/1p, 1f/1e, 2f/1p or 1f/2p uninproved right of the bat.
So to say it's an exponantial impact would be wrong in any case. And I was also wrong about the 900/900 in 150 turns because of this, my bad.

I never claimed the 15,000 beakers were guaranteed, I said it was possible and we have allready seen it in a playthrough.

Are people still talking about Adept Blue? The topic was done about 204 posts ago.

Top Bottom