Wimbledon 2014

Quackers

The Frog
Official CFC Wimbledon thread.
Murray returns as the defending champion. Seeded third he may face Djokovic in the semi final. Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal are in the other half of the draw.

General thoughts?

I haven't watched much tennis over the past year. I watched Roland Garros and unsurprisingly Nadal won again :D. Any chance someone outside the big four (or should that be big three?) go all the way to the final?

I don't know why Murray dropped Lendl. By all accounts the appointment worked, Murray won a couple of Grand Slams and reached several more GS finals. Mauresmo looks like an odd appointment.

No posts? :D
Murray flew through his game today. That is a good sign. He needs to keep his energy levels as high as possible for the slog of week two. His next opponent looks like another cakewalk.

Nadal wins 3-1. Looked like he was going to lose another set. I have got to keep an eye on him. He has been knocked out by noobs in the last two years and i missed both matches.

If Murray wins, will that make up for England's world cup exit? Or does the fact that he won it last year make it less of a big deal?

No other sports event can possibly make up for a World Cup win. It would dwarf any of the celebrations in 03 and last year. I think the pressure for Murray to succeed will be lower in contrast to last year, but not by much. He is our only British hope, the rest of our players are lazy.

Amazing win by Kyrgios over Gasquet.

Bouchard might be my new favorite :D .

..annnd the Champion is out. Straight sets loss. He never looked like he was at the top of his game and Dimitrov played some blinding tennis. Quite disappointing he didn't even get a set in the match. What is going wrong?

Pangur Bán;13295764 said:
If Murray wins, will that make up for England's world cup exit? Or does the fact that he won it last year make it less of a big deal?

Well technically not because Andy Murray is Scottish, not English.

First set to the Federer. For comparisons sake the set took as long as the whole women's final. Looks like we are going to have a genuinely competitive game here.

So Djokovic won in the end! It was a good match. Federer won 4 games consecutively to deny Djokovic a 3-1 victory but he couldn't carry his momentum on.

Spoiler :

:lol:

Top Bottom