Win2000 problems...need help!!

Gelli

Chieftain
I have Windows 2000 on my comp, and recently re-installed Civ2 to find that it didn't work. The problem: a stack fault in IR41.dll. So, I downloaded the iv5setup.exe, installed it and got rid of IR41.dll (as according to the advice in the other thread above this one about Win2000 problems), went to start Civ2, and and everything was fine, or so I thought...until I was in the process of starting a new game, when Civ2 proceeded to lock up my computer so that I couldn't do anything and had to reboot. So I tried again, this time I got an error message:

"Civ2 has caused a General Protection Fault in KRNL386.exe at 0001:77F5. Choose Close. Civ2 will close."

I've tried several other things, including changing my display settings and turning off *everything* in the background (including my antivirus prog), not just other apps, and tried to run the game again several times. Now what it's doing is starting up and appearing to be running ok, but after a very few minutes (most of the time before I've even got past all the settings for creating a new game) it just crashes, making my computer reboot. Anybody know what's wrong? If so, It'd be lovely if you could tell me how to fix it :) Hehe. XOXO :)

:wallbash:

Top Bottom