Windows media player

Narnia

Prince
My computer came with windows media player 12. I don't like this version. Where can I get a previous version of Media Player like 10 or 11? Thank you.

I have windows 7 64 bit

I personally use VLC and Media Player Classic for video, iTunes (only cus I have an ipod) for audio. A good audio alternative is Foobar2000 which takes some setting up, but is almost infinitely customizable.

I don't think just downloading the old version from Old Version and trying to install will work, although it may. However, there is a nice guide for Windows Media Player on Windows 7 with detailed instructions on how to get it working as well as links to a Windows 7-compatible WMP 11.

If you're like me and prefer WMP 10, you may be out of luck, but that should get you 11 at least.

Oh, and I'd advise against installing any updates Windows Media Player prompts you about after downgrading. When I decided to let WMP 10 go ahead with that on my XP system, it tried to install WMP 11 without telling me that was the "update" before starting to get underway. Traditional Windows updates shouldn't mess with WMP (although be sure to read the optional ones before installing them).

Top Bottom