WinG install in ME

Hubbaman

Chieftain
I saw a post further down saying that WinG must be installed to play Civ2 original edition. I have downloaded a copy of it from the Microsoft web site but when it comes to installing it I draw a blank. I am, as the title suggests, using WinME

I have extracted the file to a temp directory, and then attempted to run either the mssetup.exe or setup.exe (as I have managed to find 2 different versions of WinG), each time my computer either freezes so I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to close the setup prog, or I get the message Not enough memory or diskspace, which shouldn't be a problem with 160MB Ram and more than 2GB free space on C:. So it must be an error with the old version of the windows installer.

Any ideas? A quick list of what files are copied where and any reg changes made by the WinG install would be fine as I am quite happy to manually install it.

Thanks in advance for any information and sorry if this has been covered before but I can assure you I have searched just about everywhere.

Matthew Harbour

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Hubbaman ]</p>

I solved the problem, I managed to follow the install of winG on another computer and copied the files myself.

Dont know why this happened, but it seems to do the same with all my win3.1 installer games.

Matthew Harbour

Any chance you could list the files necessary Hubbaman? Could really help some others most likely.

Top Bottom