[GS] Winter (September)(?) 2019 Patch speculation and discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add a new type of natural disaster:
Shark attack: occurs on coastal shallow water (more likely on and adjacent to fish tiles); can cause population loss on citizens.

"You would like to prove that eh?...Get your name in the National GEO-graphic!" :splat:

Given the announcement today, what's the current predicted timeline for release? Next week? Thursday?

I suppose an hour long livestream on thursday followed by the release of september patch next week if no delay?

Ed’s on Twitter has made some interesting comments about having another look at Coastal Cities in the future. He’s also suggested they’ll fix the new RND bug. That suggests there might be another patch this year - maybe Q3/Q4 or “Winter” Patch?

I was just wondering what people thought should be priorities for the next patch - eg bugs, problems, areas that need more work?

I also thought people might like somewhere to post speculation.

Personally, I think another patch should take a look again at production. Shifting the IZ to be more about infrastructure is a good change, but it doesn’t quite work. And placing improvements has been dumbed down too much - LMs need to get back some sort of river bonus, and maybe quarries and Mines need more interesting placement rules.

I’ve noticed there has been a lot of criticism of the IZ and LM changes, including some streamers. So, I think it’s possible FXS might tweak this bit again, now they seem to have got the overall “amount” of hammers right.

I also think the Campus and science from City States need a look, particularly now FXS have tweaked research costs and Tier 3 buildings. It’s too easy to spam campuses and leverage them with City States. The game is never going to have a good pace unless Science gets harder to earn.

Looks like Coastal City will get some love. I hope they do, but I hope they get it by FXS focusing on some of the underlying mechanics rather that directly buffing them.

I also really hope FXS are a bit more careful not to dumb down mechanics. The production changes have that feel - FXS have sort of got rid of some of the interesting placement rules, but also got rid of some more interesting decisions (eg what to do with Rainforests).

(BTW, if you have specific suggestions, I have a thread in the I&S forum where you can post them. Link.)

I’ve updated the Thread Title given it’s going to be SEPTEMBER Patch.

I guess this thread is for Patch Speculation, and the other Patch Thread is for Analysis and Details?

Or maybe this thread isn’t needed anymore?

I don’t much mind either way / whatever.

Moderator Action: We are going to close this thread now the announcement is out, please feel free to continue the conversation HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom