[WIP] 3rd Unique Component Project

Eventually replace current bonus (or part of it) with +faith. It adds culture, if I remember correctly? Usually people on CFC complain on lack of +faith for Byzantium :p

Perhaps I'll change from +2 :c5culture: Culture to +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5faith: Faith

I checked this communitas code and it works (in communitas) for faith, culture, science and golden age boost, probably also for gold ;) I will try testing it with some random building (who knows, maybe communitas mod alone has something which makes this script able to work? I am simply astnished by the fact that Instant Yield exist in XML and nobody used it before ;o)

It should be possible to do so, if you could get it working let me know

Awesome.
Although I will already ask about AI... How AI detects Prowler, and can it use it? (I mean, it seems to be ranged unit instead of gun original - what if AI would try capturing cities with it? :( )

Haven't played it in a way I could answer that. Will have to do more testing, although as it's a ranged unit the AI won't try an capture cities with it, I'll check flavors but I believe it's more defensive than offensive

Streltsy tested. Costs 115 :c5production: and haves 22 :c5strength:
Can build farms, forts and roads.
Is missing a Lua code (if possible) to allow Russian Workers to be upgraded into Streltsy
Also lacking art, and as the Chasqui I've to see about the animation when working...

I checked this communitas code and it works (in communitas) for faith, culture, science and golden age boost, probably also for gold ;) I will try testing it with some random building (who knows, maybe communitas mod alone has something which makes this script able to work? I am simply astnished by the fact that Instant Yield exist in XML and nobody used it before ;o)

The instant yield is a xml table that the Communitas project made specifically for their project, so it's not there by default. If you need help recreating it, let me know and I can provide the code.

The only issue is there's no game event to tie it into (no OnBuildingConstructed event, not without Whowards DLL anyway), so it'd be pretty much useless. And creating a new event to detect when a building is constructed might be beyond me.

By making their own event. Thalassicus appears to have more formal skill in programming than I. The only way that I could do it would be with a method of Machiavellis, which is to have the building create a dummy unit that gets immediately killed, but which can be detected through lua, and then a yield assigned accordingly.

Ouch. So if you think you can do it, I would sincerely ask for that code ;) if not, this mod will somehow survive that (or maybe LastSword could help here? mrc2022 claims that LS is lua creator for this mod, so...)

It might be a little late for you to tinker with Rome some more but I was thinking you could make the Forum Romanum be a unique East India company and have all Roman markets be called forums. This would be a cool flavor addition with markets with a unique roman name. The Roman Forum could do the same great person boosting it's planned on doing but could also add a small gold/ great person boost whenever your empire conquers a city. It could only be built in the capitol. Hopefully that's a cool enough idea to be implemented.

sukritact does is buildings icons by making a 3d model of the building, rendering it and then he colors it and adds other details (at least I believe he does so, from what I've seen in deviantart)
I can't do the last part, but the 3d model I can manage

As of now, these remain without icon: (not considering icons which need improvement)
  • Brazilian Sambadrome
  • Carthaginian Cothon
  • Mayan Ballcourt
  • Netherlands Waag
  • Assyrian Royal Guard
  • Celtic Carpentom
  • Indian Sepoy
  • Persian Clibanarii
  • Polish Uhlan
  • Chinese Junk Ship (upcoming)
  • Indonesian Cetbang Warship (upcoming)
  • Russian Streltsy (upcoming)

Not very civ like

Been reviewing the Kraal as I prepared to code it, noticed that the Ikanda is a sort of Kraal, but I'll go with it anyway, don't see much of a choice to be made. Also it will not replace the Pasture and will give distinct bonus to cattle and sheep, faith for cattle and culture for sheep.
Only requirement now is art

The Sala will be next, and then the Junk which still needs better ideas. These will probably require Lua coding, along with Streltsy and Cetbang, which I'm not confortable with, and at the moment LastSword is unavailable.

This leaves us with only the Huns to draw, which I would like to do, so then I can start with reviewing the entire project and detailed changes.
What I would like to do with the Huns would be to turn them into a one city civ. Their new unique would be an improvement that would give them unit spawning, defense bonus and lands. Any ideas?

Very interesting, but I'm not sure if all people would like so radical change - maybe we should make two version of Huns
1) generic version
2) this revolutionary version

personally I would love playing these new Huns :)

- Why Cetbang requires lua?
- what will junk ship do? ;)

Yeah, I'm also considering that. It's hard to find a good option (as UB or UI) for the Huns. An easy way out would be to give them a third unit...

Well it would be rather interesting and an alternative way of playing for sure.

The Cetbang requires Lua in order to give them that ability to increase tribute from CS, at least I believe this can't be done via XML

It's complicated, the Junk it's such a remarkable and flexible ship, it served many purposes. Perhaps a replacement for the Caravel would suit it best

Had an idea for the Huns
New UU, the Nomad
  • Replaces Settler
  • 3 moves
  • 5 strenght

Then this will be complemented with an Add-on
In the add-on the Huns will be an OCC, there the Nomad instead of settling a city settles a camp.
The idea behind the camp is that they provide a 2 tiles radius expansion, similar defense strategy of the citadel and unit spawning.
Regarding the unit spawning, it speed should be based on production yields of adjacent tiles and the existence of strategic resources.

I'm still thinking about the Junk, but an idea is starting to form and it should be something around a Caravel with economic benefits

In the add-on the Huns will be an OCC, there the Nomad instead of settling a city settles a camp.

Bear in mind that the AI might not handle this very well. I wanted to give the Huns a similar aspect, but the AI just floundered.

Come up with an alternative, Hunlun Hunlu which is how the Huns called their Yurts. Thinking of using it as Barracks or Stable replacement with special promotions as bonuses
The camp sounds an interesting idea but in that you're right. This building might be a better solution

EDIT:
What about this:
Hunlun Hunlu
  • Replaces Stable
  • No need of horses, cattle or sheep sources nearby to build
  • Provides 1 horse resource
  • +1 Food to horse pastures worked by this city
  • +15% production towards mounted units (same as stable)
  • Free promotion to all pre-gunpowder units - Nomadic Blood - +10% Combat Strength outside friendly territory, no movement cost to pillage, may move after attacking
  • Cost 120
  • Maintenance 2

Top Bottom