(WIP) Deseret Civ for playtesting

Pikachaoomega

Chieftain
Hello! I've been making my first civ 6 mod (and first programming in years) using the MC_Master Template on here (So big thanks to MC and Dunkle and everyone who made this incredible incredible template.)

I haven't been able to switch out all of the art assets yet so there's some weird things like Jaguar Warriors walking around as missionaries, but I wanted to throw the mod out here to see if the gameplay was enjoyable and to learn what needs to be Buffed, Nerfed or Improved. The codes a mess and the art assets are...in progress... but the mod works, I've gone through two large games with no problems. So let me know what you think!!

I've always wanted to do a civilization for Deseret, which I think I know the history of about as much as I know US History in general (probably even more).

DESERET UA: The Restored Church
Missionaries are 20% cheaper to buy. Gain a free Settler whenever you build a Holy Site.

Joseph Smith UA: Come To Zion
The first time you convert a city to your religion with a Pioneer or and Apostle, gain Culture equal to the population of the converted city (20 per citizen in a city).

Pioneer (Replaces Missionary):

Has two build charges along with their abilities as missionaries and can be built in cities without shrines.

Stakes of Zion:
+1 Faith, +1 Production. +1 Faith and +1 Production adjacent to a Holy Site.

Attachments

• Deseret.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Switched out Stakes of Zion for Bishop's Storehouse, which I'm still experimenting with.

Right now it replaces the workshop
adds +2 extra faith
and also adds +2% of your faith converted into food for each Bishop's storehouse in your empire

Thoughts?

(also I borked the graphics so it's all back to the default Olmec graphics for now until I figure that out)

UPDATE: Changed a lot with this one. Added in Brigham Young (with no graphics yet), changed around the Ability, the bishop's storehouse, and Joseph's ability (basically only the pioneer is unscathed, although I cannot get the pioneer to be able to build City state improvements without shutting off their ability to build anything). New version below

CHANGES:

Civ UA:
Farms next to holy sites get +2 Faith and farms next to Industrial zones get +2 production
Joseph UA: Now great works of writing and artifacts give +2 faith
Bishop's storehouse: Give production instead of faith

Brigham Young:
UA:
Settlers have +1 move. Gain a trade route capacity whenever you build a religious wonder (defined as anything that deals with faith/gives faith/buffs religious units) Domestic trade routes have +1 production and +1 faith.

Attachments

• Deseret v2.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 95
Top Bottom