WIP: Umbarra (Aborigini) Leader Head

Fantastic! I got it to work. I think what I had before was the Civ Tools patchs for the NifExporter/Importer.

So now I need to dig up a leader head and take it out pf the .fpk file... then import that and disect it. Then it should be easy.

Ok, so here is an update:

I've got the mesh and (for the most part) the texture to where I don't hate it. I've also found a nice background image for the leaderhead. I've thrown in some lighting for the sake of expirimentation and I'm mostly happy there, though I could easily change my mind.

I'm going to start adding the bones now and start the animations. I plan on giving him a staff, and I was contemplating a black duck (via his legends).

I spent most of today going through the civ creation tutorial, and I've finally managed to get the technical aspects of the civ working, though I need to do some fine tuning...

Let me know what you think.

wow real amazing - it's real well maded - artists in firaxis wouldn't do this better (in fact i think you're work is much better than leaderheads from firaxis). Do you have some plans on the future after creating this one?
:mischief:
Perhaps some leaderheads for ww2 1939 mod?

Very, very nice! :goodjob:

So I've finally got the Rigging done... it will probably have a few errors that I will iron out as I find them, but for the most part, it's looking good. I also added some teeth and an inside mouth area.

He's starting to develope some character.

Now I am going to start studying the animations of the other leader heads, I need to figure out how many frames the animations tend to use so I can get mine all fancy...

of course I'm a horrible animator so lets all hope things turn out well. :)

this is amazing :)

UPDATE: I'm still working on actually getting the model animated and in game. It's a complicated process, but I have off work all day tomorrow so I should get some good progress done.

[bump]

I know you said it's hard going, but this thread needs to stay active since it is the far and away best leaderhead yet produced by the community and its success with hopefully be a sign of good things to come.

Yeah, I'm having some problems actually getting the leader head to show up. I'm going through tutorials and what not to make see what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps someone who has successfully gotten something in game could help. Right now I'd settle for an unanimated 3d image... but I can't get it to work. There must be some sort of export setting I'm missing.

The closest thing I can find to a useful Tutorial is C.Rolands... but his just involves importing and editing a pre-existing model. So all the settings would already be there.

I'll figur it out though. I'll try to remember to post more updates :)

Top Bottom