Wish for Civ5 diplomacy

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
I want a strategic AI that plays strategically.

No more stupid bonuses from religion, close borders, friend attacked (unless strategically they want to enter in the war, because there is no such thing of "friends" in a game that one have to win)

And that means too no more penalties from difficulty levels, because with the previous Civs, it was just about to lure this stupid AI and by that bypass the penalties. If any, just make difficulties "easy", "normal" and "hard".

Yeah, after looking at the new Civ5 screens I decided to play Civ4 again (I had a break from it for a while) but gave up after getting frustrated with the crap AI. Why declare war for no reason? Why not make a demand before war? Why not mass troops on the border to create tension/stir fear? Why war for the sake of war? It's frustrating.

here is a suggestion i sent to firaxis for civ V

excellent it pleases me that there will be a civ V. i am wondering if the diplomacy is going to be enhanced and made more in depth? could you bring back some diplomatic features that were in alpha centauri? i always enjoyed the battle plans feature. the ai or the human player would suggest what cities to attack. it was awesome. if that idea could be brought back from the grave it would greatly enhance and add to the diplomacy of civ V. i also enjoyed the suggestions of which technology to research that the ai player would give to the human player when they were allies. but always wondered why the human player could not suggest what technology the ai player was to research next. could this feature be brought back from the grave as well??

when vassal states were introduced in civ 4 i was disappointed that only ai players could be vassals. human players could not. it kinda wreaked the concept of vassal states.
maybe add the battle plan feature and tech suggestion feature to vassal states or part of the diplomacy in general. i would like to be able to tell my ally or vassal or any other civ where to place his troops/armies,what buildings to build in his/her cities. what amount to set funding for research or building.what research to develop next. what resources to develop, what worker to use etc.
but allow both human and ai the same options. if the human can do it so can the ai.

please do not dumb down the game

thanks for your time

Top Bottom