Within Aloha mulitplayer games

robboo

Deity
OK I know we have one going now. But besides those 4 people are ther any others interested in playing. I have an idea that if there is enough interest we can give it a try.

I am thinking of setting up a multiplayer ladder with Aloha OR a multiplayer tournment.

IF you are interested or think this is a stupid idea go ahead and post in this thread. Remember with PBEM you only play a few turns a day so its not ike its a great time committment.

i will be adding the rules/how its run for my ideas on the next 2 posts.

Rules for Tournement:

Everyone is paired up using RNG. Its a standard Tournemnt format which is determiend on how many people sign up. If ita a nice even number that works out right we will play a double elimination format(8 or 16). OR we can play separate groups with the winners of each groups moving on to face each other. IF its less than 6 I think we should play everyone head to head and then see if we have any tie breakers to beat....

Now heres where its gets interesting..you can never play the same civ in back to back games OR you can choses to have a random civ.

Ladder rules"

Each person startes with a 1000 points. You play head to head games and you get 20% of your opponents points if you win and lose 20% of your points if you lose. Again you can not use the same civ back to back OR you can chose a random civ.

In games with more than 2 players... 20% of each players points are placed in a "Game pot". The winner gets 75% of those points and the runner up get 25%.

Any games with a non-Alohan ladder member do not count nor do games that started prior to this post unless everyone in the game agrees.

Example...
BC, Robi D, Robbo, Kuningas are in a game. Each have 1000 points so teh game pot has 1000 point in it. Robi d wins BC comes in second. So kuningas and I would drop down to 750 points each. BC would get back his 250 and remain at 1000 adn Robi D woudl then gasin 750 to jump to 1750.

(Robi, Kuningas adn BC we can make our game count if we chose this way but we all must agree)

I changed the standard rules to make it more fun:) :p
You can do it either way 2v2 or someother arrangement BUT not fixed alliances

ok well i'll play. I think if were doing a ladder 'quick' games might be the best way to go.

I would be interested. But they would have to be quick games and I might have a problem in the near future with holidays.

Yep quick..and even if you leave for a while Meleager when you return you can pick up where you left. Way I see it we will continue as long as people want to play OR until Aloha is destroyed in the MTDG.

IN addition there is a slight possiblity that I will be moving and if I move I will probably have to go back to working in a research lab instead of running my own part time business like I am now. IF my wife gets the job I will be moving back "home" so I would gladly give back my job freedom to be able to hunt, fish, and attend college baseball and football games on weekends. It woudl reduce my civ access but not my internet goofing off.

Game 1...BC vs robboo...BC contacted me via PM. Details coming.

I will start another thread later for the ladder with the points and "scoreboard".

Ok so we are up to 4...
Come on guys lets get some more people

OK so far its..BC, Meleager,Kuningas, George and myself.

So far BC and I have agreed to a game but we havent started.

Anyone else want to challenge each other or Bc or I send PMs to you opponent and start setting up the game. Let me know once you got it set up and I will add it to the list I will be starting soon( tomorrow.... busy day today in RL).

Count me in and i don't mind if our current game counts towards the ladder.

BCLG100 said:
i think the nutters should settle it out-whos the best :)

What me and kuningas one on one?

ALRIGHT guys now we are rocking....

Game 1 will be the 4 person game unless BC and Kuningas say no.
Game 2 is BC and Robboo

How do you guys think we should administer the points in a case of multiple games at the same time. BC and I shoudl finish our game rather quickly so it will probably be finished before the 4 person game. Or do we just not consider the 4 person game?

kuningas up to you for counting our 4 way game.

I tink what woudl be fair is..points at the end of the game. You dont "cash in" to the pot till the game ends. That way for example.. BC and I are still playing in the 4 way and BC beats me head to head. We would base it on the 1000 points to start

Top Bottom