WoC Latest Version Download

Ok folks we got a beta 3.19 installer, it is here, http://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.n...World of Civilization 3.19-setup.exe?view=log click the download. Once downloaded just install to bts mods as it should show that path. Some things I still need to work on are the techs and the promotions. I made a new promotions atlas so they will more then likely be wrong. Just got to get the time to fix it.

If you have a slow computer take some or all of the civs out in Assets/Modules/Civs. Move that folder to Assets/Unloaded. That takes the load time for me from 3 minutes to about 56 seconds. Enjoy and this is a beta so if you notice something let me know. Mostly though the techs are weireded out so you can get modern paratrooper b4 you get tanks, things like that. Also a few TXT_KEY_TECH_PEDIA entries.

I have played several beta games on auto ai with the release dll and it seems to go fine for 400-500 turns. We are still missing/adding things to the dll. Like some jeckel stuff, sea cities etc. Both of which I was unable to get merged yet. Facihele is on it, but anyone else knows C++ and wants to help, that would be great.

Some of the mods may not make much sense at first, for example LandR prevents you from spamming roads, sometimes at the expense of a resource, so if you have resource outside your fat city cross, you need to build a fort first then add a road.

As always if you dont like something turn it off in the MLF.

Trade goods is another beta mod Faichele is working hard on. Your supposed to be able to load Trade goods into Caravans and Galleys, etc. Then move them to another city.

Mad Nukes is in but I have not had time to test it yet.

Enjoy and feedback is welcomed for this BETA 3.19.

I forgot one other thing, about Neolithic Era, if you choose to start a game in Ancient Era instead of Neolithic Era, you might be surprised. If the civ does not have a starting tech of Agriculture you will not get a settler but instead a Nomadic camp, until you research Agriculture. Settle the camp and hit the build que/command button and you can build units until you get Agriculture. Eventually you can use the Neolithic hunter to capture animals for resources. Several other things are planned with this module not implemented yet. Hence BETA.

Attachments

• buld que.jpg
    buld que.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 273
  • buld button.jpg
    buld button.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Agricultur researched.jpg
    Agricultur researched.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Camp copy.jpg
    Camp copy.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 242
  • camp settled.jpg
    camp settled.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Agriculture copy.jpg
    Agriculture copy.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 241
Couple other things now that Im thinking about it. Download is about 575 mb's for the beta. I'd like to know how long it takes to download.

There is a release dll and a debug dll. Unless you are a programmer use the release which is the default one. If you play full screen and it seems like the globe is just spinning, hit ALt/TAB keys to get out and see if there is a assert. If so please copy and post it here. Usually you can hit ignore and it will continue. The debug dll will give multiple asserts, so as I said use the release. Unless you are a programmer.

We also could always use more volunteers/help/programmers. Im just a silly old carpenter who is trying to learn to code. Mostly I am a excellent copy/paster, lol

Couple other things now that Im thinking about it. Download is about 575 mb's for the beta. I'd like to know how long it takes to download.

There is a release dll and a debug dll. Unless you are a programmer use the release which is the default one. If you play full screen and it seems like the globe is just spinning, hit ALt/TAB keys to get out and see if there is a assert. If so please copy and post it here. Usually you can hit ignore and it will continue. The debug dll will give multiple asserts, so as I said use the release. Unless you are a programmer.

We also could always use more volunteers/help/programmers. Im just a silly old carpenter who is trying to learn to code. Mostly I am a excellent copy/paster, lol

Downloaded fine in about 25 minutes over cable. File is almost 603MB and is on my Vista computer as "19-SETUP [1] File" and has a file extension ".19-setup[1]" (as opposed to a zip file) that will not open with anything I have on my computer.

Downloaded fine in about 25 minutes over cable. File is almost 603MB and is on my Vista computer as "19-SETUP [1] File" and has a file extension ".19-setup[1]" (as opposed to a zip file) that will not open with anything I have on my computer.

The filename is "World of Civilization 3.19-setup.exe", at least for me. Just rename it to WoC.exe and you should be good to go.

The filename is "World of Civilization 3.19-setup.exe", at least for me. Just rename it to WoC.exe and you should be good to go.

My 602MB download opens as with another 1.6Gig zip inside. Is this normal? Also as before (before install file) when I unzip the 1.6Gig file it only partial loads before a crash. Got frustrated and dropped it for today, but will copy the download to my external drive and try getting it to load tomorrow on my XP.

I've started to try on this new build; it's much much faster loading indeed, compare to 1.20.
And obviously it has long way to go - tech tree seems to be in "mid-way". :lol:
I didn't play 3.19 before; thus I'm surprised when a mammoth break into my culture border. I think i need some time to take a short game on pure 3.19 to distinguish new features of 3.19 and WOC3.19. :lol:

And one more thing: "liberate city" button and espoinage rate column are still not found in the domestic advisor screen. (since 1.20 i can found them no where)

Oh thanks missed those two buttons, probably in a pyhon file or missing hud. Good catch. The mamouth is new that we WoC added. Not from bts. Best to use the neolithic hunter on it.

Oh thanks missed those two buttons, probably in a pyhon file or missing hud. Good catch. The mamouth is new that we WoC added. Not from bts. Best to use the neolithic hunter on it.

I meant the mamouth shouldn't enter culture border as an animal unit; and it wondered around my undefended capital but didn't pump into the city. This behaviour is strange.

It's so good to hear that total realism units & techs are joining; I think they're designed well balanced in the original TR mod so the tech dependency and unit dependency can be kept.

I see so many new mod features (and units and techs) added since 1.10; it's wonderful but I'm a bit worried it's too fast - assets failed and CTD are frequently happening. Maybe we should slow down a little adding new units and features to add more stability?

I meant the mamouth shouldn't enter culture border as an animal unit; and it wondered around my undefended capital but didn't pump into the city. This behaviour is strange.

It's so good to hear that total realism units & techs are joining; I think they're designed well balanced in the original TR mod so the tech dependency and unit dependency can be kept.

I see so many new mod features (and units and techs) added since 1.10; it's wonderful but I'm a bit worried it's too fast - assets failed and CTD are frequently happening. Maybe we should slow down a little adding new units and features to add more stability?

Ru playing with the regular dll or the debug dll? Your getting ctd? Can you post a save game of that? I have my civ4 ini to auto save every turn for 5 turns. That way if it does crash I can immediately reload it. I'd like to see if its a bad art file. Mine hasnt crashed, but I generally play one civ. There is so many combination's its impossible for me to test them all. Also you can remove civs xml and place it in unloaded to speed loading. How long does it take to load on your computer?

Dang just got a MAF. Anyone else seen this?

A MAF just means you are out of memory, that is not a coding error.

If there are many ethnical units, many additional civs and esp. many additional leaders, the chances of that happening are increasing.

Yeah we used to get it all the time with ViSa in Warlords, its that I have never seen that in BTS. It did happen on my lesser computer with only 3.5 gb of memory. So that might be why.

Yeah we used to get it all the time with ViSa in Warlords, its that I have never seen that in BTS. It did happen on my lesser computer with only 3.5 gb of memory. So that might be why.

Unless you use Vista 64, Civ cannot use more than 2 GB, no matter how much RAM your PC has (with V64, it can use up to 4 GB).

There are some mods out there which get MAFs when they get close to this barrier, avain was fighting against that by bringing down polygon count on units and reducing the number of leaders - and while he has a lot of ethnical art, he has very few new civs and leaders in comparison to CivGold.
So I do not think it is that unlikely to get them if you install all of WoC these days.

Bump

My 602MB download opens as with another 1.6Gig zip inside. Is this normal? Also as before (before install file) when I unzip the 1.6Gig file it only partial loads before a crash. Got frustrated and dropped it for today, but will copy the download to my external drive and try getting it to load tomorrow on my XP.

Ru playing with the regular dll or the debug dll? Your getting ctd? Can you post a save game of that? I have my civ4 ini to auto save every turn for 5 turns. That way if it does crash I can immediately reload it. I'd like to see if its a bad art file. Mine hasnt crashed, but I generally play one civ. There is so many combination's its impossible for me to test them all. Also you can remove civs xml and place it in unloaded to speed loading. How long does it take to load on your computer?

sorry for late reply; i meant woc1.20 rather than woc3.19. :crazyeye: for woc3.19 i don't have enough time to play it through; i'm expecting my vacation next week, when can i stay with the new mod. ;)

Bump

it was tough for me to finish the download but when finished it works just fine - it's a 574M installer exe rather than 1.6G zip file; although it's really 1.6G after it's expanded into directory.

i'm running it on w7 x64 and it works fine. i think probrably you should make more memory for it - try exit programs in system tray and stop services in control panel, as many as possible. I noticed the civ4 process start from 900M and finally eat up more than 2.5G memory.

Top Bottom