WoC Latest Version Download

it was tough for me to finish the download but when finished it works just fine - it's a 574M installer exe rather than 1.6G zip file; although it's really 1.6G after it's expanded into directory.

i'm running it on w7 x64 and it works fine. i think probrably you should make more memory for it - try exit programs in system tray and stop services in control panel, as many as possible. I noticed the civ4 process start from 900M and finally eat up more than 2.5G memory.

Thanks for the reply. I am short of the 2.5G on my XP having only 2047MB (tried adding a gig but computer wouldn't accept it but that's another story). My (or my wife's) Vista has a 3000MB but it is a dog (also another story).

The problem has not been not being able to run this animal, it is I can't get it to unzip completely on either computer.

I may have to wait on enjoying it until the mod is ready for prime time.

Again thanks for the reply, it is good to know that the zip download in fact has another zip inside (which I found to be very unusual,

I've downloaded it twice and I keep getting a NSIS error on the install, which is a installer error... I renamed the files WoC.exe as suggested in another post and received the same error... I've deleted all downloaded and I'll try one more time. This is on the World of civilization 3.19 setup file.

Any ideas?

@buck:
I don't mean you need to feed civ process 2.5G RAM; i mean it need as more as possible. So I do think it will work fine with 2047M RAM, but you should exit other program & services as many as possible.

@rockinger:
I tried woc 3.19 for some time but I found some new game rule that I don't know (see screenshots below). Probrably they come from the revolution mod, but I cannot find anything in help content; for posts in rev mod forum I don't find enough info (such as controlling cities from revolution). Can you tell me where to find more to read?
as for this screen shot, I don't know what does the icons means:
001.jpg

and for this screen shot, I don't understand why Lyons is in danger because of "distant location" - it's only 3 plots away from the capital.
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Yeah the last one is by design. Its related to LandR that limits the roads. To get around that build a fort first and then you can build a road to it. LandR is modeled somewhat to what Roman roads were. So basically you cant spam roads and railroads all over the place. It can be turned off in the MLF under the game concepts folder by turning <bLoad>1</bLoad> to 0. It does add some strategy to it early in the game.

thanks rockinroger; I start to like LandR because when I understand I think it will add fun to the game.
and any guide for the "trade caravan"? i cannot make it load any commodities.
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
WoC 3.19 is quite stable now; I don't encounter CTD so far, and the loading speed is quite good - about 4 minutes on my machine.
But the techs seems to need re-balancing; I still have long way to go to reach astronomy in 1800's, although I'm the most advanced one.

Please don't forget to add the espionage rate in home screen(F1); and, can you make the home screen smaller? It covers almost the entire screen, so city production menu is also covered when a city is selected.

And here's another bugs:
1.trade caravan, i cannot make it load any cargo.

2.i think it's a pic for morden age rather than industrial age:
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

3.score display is not disabled in globle view, thus it's overlaping with strategic display.
Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

Good catch on the score, the trade loading is still in development thanks for the reports. I should have anew version updated with redone techs this week.

Another bug: If Neolithic Era is disabled in MLF, a saved game will crashed on next turn after reloaded.

To reproduce:
Just try to disable it in MLF, start a new game and play for several turns, then save the game.
Exit to desktop, start WoC again and load the game. CTD will happen on next turn.

Two interesting things are: it will not happen if you save the very first turn (4000BC); and I once continuesly played for about 4 hours and it works fine - it happens only to a saved game.

And, I tried replacing Neolithic Era dir with coresponding dir from SVN#3345, but that doesn't help.

Another bug: If Neolithic Era is disabled in MLF, a saved game will crashed on next turn after reloaded.

wierd bug.

did you disable it in the MLF but left the files in place,
or did you remove 1 or more xml's too?

SDK has been programmed to cope with "disabled XML turning the number of objects in the savegame uncompatible with the number of objects loaded by XML"

unfortunatly, it cannot handle "missing" XML's... only disabled..

as you can imagine, the SDK cannot cast non existing XML's moved to other folders..
the DATA inside XML is NOT stored in savegames(else savegames would be very big!)

but if you mean it crashes solely by disabled xml's, and you didn't copied out XML files from their original folder.. that's a SDK bug.. minor one easy to be fixed...

EDIT, Ah, you didn't change the MLF AFTER the savegame? :) I understood you wrong...
it's not an SDK issue! :) Thought you meant the savegame validator method working wrong.. but obviously you don't :)

Thanks for the reply. I am short of the 2.5G on my XP having only 2047MB (tried adding a gig but computer wouldn't accept it but that's another story). My (or my wife's) Vista has a 3000MB but it is a dog (also another story).,

actually wether you can unzip or not has nothing todo with your memory. Windows 32bit is limited to 4Gigs of memory. That's ALL memory! You have 1024MB video mem? then there's 3Gigs left. you have a default windows install? then windows can eat up up to 2Gis for it's own system and background processes. CAN! windows might also suit itself with just 1Gig+1Gig for video memory. Regardless if you have 4 or 8Gigs RAM, the 32bit system itself leaves only 2 gigs in above mentioned scenario left for your applications.

If you have only 2 gigs of ram, on 32bit system, windows will fill the other 2gigs to it's max of 4ggs by using the pagefile. So wether or not unzipping has enough memory left, has nothing to do with it, windows will always go max as possible for it's apps(which is normally 2gigs, and 2gigs left for the system, or by using some minor tweaks to the registry can be set to 3/1 gigs..)

so to add to mamba's comment. He's right about the 2Gigs restriction. partly..
because it's the default restriction! There is a registry tweak for windows
to make up to 3gigs free for apps on windows 32bit. But, be sure what you
are doing by changing this setting. Like I said, you DO NOT want to try this if your video card already uses up to 1Gig! :)

or simply use 64bit windows, it's limited as well, but depending on your windows version to 8, 16, 32, 128gigs a MAF or inzip-memory limit will NOT occur THAT EASILY on Windows 7, enterprise or ultimate... BUT, it is still limited!!!! the OS can only use the max of the windows version.. the application itself, Civilization in this case, is however still limited to 4Gigs!!!!!!!!! even if windows 7 ultimate can adress 120Gigs to any application, this only goes for 64bit applications! Civilization is compiled 32bit! it will dfinatly not be able to use more then 4gigs. Although, on ViSa, on mega huga maps with 40 AI's, I never ever widnessed even after 2500turns to use more then 2,5gigs... And I did run some 100 tests in total that went autoAI this far into the game..
So, if you use a small 256MB graphic card, use 4Gigs of RAM, disable page file, and switch windows system to use only 1Gig, you'll have 3Gigs for applications, unload all from your services etc, and you'll be able to play civ without MAF on a 32bit system.

The problem has not been not being able to run this animal, it is I can't get it to unzip completely on either computer.).,
If you want to extract zipped files, tried 7zip? can extract even the wierdest and largest zipped files..

I may have to wait on enjoying it until the mod is ready for prime time.
Lol, this mod is finished actually. WoC itself is nothing more then an empty mod allowing other modders to ADD stuff ... the WoC itself shouldn't be more then a few MB.. the other hundreds of MB are default added mods... so woc is ready for prime time, but of course, any added stuff should be converted properly.. hence, this process will never be done..

Again thanks for the reply, it is good to know that the zip download in fact has another zip inside (which I found to be very unusual,
noe, actually not. Why unusual? in the old days with bad internet connection and package loss this was a very common method to avoid loosing to much data using the zip repair libraries inside a zip file to refix any missing data.
also, for the illegal community, this used to be a method to make it more difficult for spy-forces of the government to see what's in a file... you zip in several different methods, and Feds and other criminal organizations have a hard time to see what you're transfering..

today maybe it's not needed anymore because today for transfering illegal data, you use secured connections, encrypted, binary, par, etc.. surely woc has nothing illegal in it(I hope) but putting a zip in a zip, has it's history! maybe outdated, but definatly not unusual..at least not untill recently

As for LandR.
This is not ready!!!!!! only 5% has been implemented.. unfortunatly the guy working on it, has his wife on his back. not allowing him to continue modding untill university is finished :) So my advise, don't use LandR or other unfinished stuff....

wierd bug.
EDIT, Ah, you didn't change the MLF AFTER the savegame? :) I understood you wrong...
it's not an SDK issue! :) Thought you meant the savegame validator method working wrong.. but obviously you don't :)

No, I didn't change anything after saving a game. I mean disable NE in MLF first, start a new game for several turns, then save the game. Exit to the desktop and then load the save game to observe the CTD at the next turn.

LandR besides a few minor glitches works great. Love having it in my test games.

depends how you describe "glitches" and "great"

the LandR concept is made by Soma, zcech republic.
and the roads are only the beginning of the concept. so yeah, that's done..
besides the graphical glitches which are firaxian limits in the SDK(here's where i stopped working on it, to fix those graphical glitche"s)
but, the other 95% of the concept from Soma are definatly not working yet..

and I love the concept, but I'm looking into the barrel of a kalashnikov, which will be triggered if I open the woc SDK :(

No, I didn't change anything after saving a game. I mean disable NE in MLF first, start a new game for several turns, then save the game. Exit to the desktop and then load the save game to observe the CTD at the next turn.

well, my best hunch:"some xml error which isn't noticed by the xml validation method in the sdk.. I've noticed some xml errors not to be catched by the sdk validation method.

so, you might load a NULL object if something is wrong..Although this shouldn't be possible, but "shouldn't be" is not the same as:"will 100% not happen"

in 99,9% the validator in the sdk will warn you though, highly unlikely you
won't be notified(but possible!)

so my hunch, the highly unlikely:"xml not loaded properly" is what's going on here...

I have been out of the Civ world for a while, but is there no new release for 3.19?

Also, is WOC planning on working on a Civ 5 mod?

Top Bottom