Wonder Building Bureau

So the Workshop in DSOTM as soon as we get contacts seems like a plan. My guess is we're not the only ones going for that one. A dirtbag could prolly pop it anytime so we need a backup for DSOTM. That could be the Sistines.

Totally agree. The next wonder start could become Sistines should we get Leo's or the HG, or Knight's Templar (hadn't thought of that one), etc. if needed. I'll verify that the Saber wonder city was coastal. If not then Colossus is certainly a valuable build.

Hey, Saber has not captured Colossus so they didn't have 200s collected. Ya think they might go for ToA? IF so we might still be able to squeek in a Colossus build of our own?!?

According to Babes the Saber coastal city is still at size 12 and the capitol has shrunk in size and is still starving. Whatever they were, and are, doing there they're doing it in ernest.

jb out...

We could ask Babes to keep an eye on the Saber cult-o-meter. ToA+cheap lib's and no big interest in research or alliances...are we watching another 100K approach building Island defense and hoping to hit it before marines?

I think I'll wait for the after battle report and an assessment of what they find in the debris. :D

Seriously, I expect the Babes to approach different landing points and put a hoard of knights and MW's on Saber's shores. $20 says that w/i 15 turns there's war. Now, I have no firsthand knowlege of this because Whomp's been very tight lipped, apart from a few off-handed comments, but we're all expecting it.

Whomper let it slip in private that he wants to avenge KISS' loss to Chaminix in the last MTDG. I concur that the winds of war are reaching gale force levels.

Daghie the coldhearted said:
Congrats from the depths of the Gong Library

Cute reply. I'm glad the Babes are going to kill them because we're certainly not doing anything to endear ourselves to Saber.

Well, from their size 12 city it took them 2 turns from our GLib announcement to finish the Colossus. So they were close to 200s but probably still had another 5-6 turns to get to 300.

Anyone think either of the FC axis is building Leo's?

GLib is 400 shields so we had plenty of breathing room... :smug:

I can't see why Free or Council wouldn't build Leo's, even to just deny other teams cheap upgrades.

Wait, I just had a thought hit me. We aren't planning on finishing ToA, are we? If we do, and IIRC, once we get Education and the ToA obsoletes, we'd have to rebuild all the temples that killer just whipped.

Please give me assurances that the ToA is just a pre-build for Leo's or Sistenes... ;)

GLib is 400 shields so we had plenty of breathing room... :smug:

Thanks for the correction. I sorta thought it was 400 but then I would have pegged the Colossus at 300. Anyway, I'm not sure if I was overly paranoid or that building the GLib came to Saber far later than it should have.

My working theory at the moment is that it took an entire turn for Saber to realize they had no other option and actually dumped 395 shields into the big bronze guy.

Othniel said:
Please give me assurances that the ToA is just a pre-build for Leo's or Sistenes... ;)

What's your problem? Of course we're building in ToA. It's got fabulous lines and will.... sorry, can't keep it up. You're correct. It's a placeholder. For a market. :D

My working theory at the moment is that it took an entire turn for Saber to realize they had no other option and actually dumped 395 shields into the big bronze guy.

If true, that would be supreme. :cool:

What's your problem? Of course we're building in ToA. It's got fabulous lines and will.... sorry, can't keep it up. You're correct. It's a placeholder. For a market. :D

Better be a heck of a market!! In fact, at that shield price it'd better quadruple all commerce rather than just give a miserly 50%.

:clap: though on the response. I'll admit that when I saw market my heart beat a little faster for just one teeeeny part of a second...and then I laughed. :lol:

These guys are clowns. Be careful not to take everything at face value.

Reading into all the double meanings takes soooo much work, though... *yawn* What's wrong with this world? I mean, why can't people these days just say what they mean, mean what they say, and we'd all be so much happier...sarcasm is dumb. :rolleyes:

:sarcasm:

Top Bottom