Wonder hoarding

andersw

Emperor
Does the extra AI bonuses provide more possiblities for wonder hoarding AI since oct8 patch?
This is a game with 5! tradition AI's and Brazil is grabbing a LOT (5 wonders and counting).
Tradition: Brazil 5, America 3. austria 1, portugal 1, greece 0
Progress: Babylon 0
Authority: me and indonesia 1 each
Not only do they imbalanced yields from this but also IF I am able (as neighbour) to take his capital this will likely break the game.
I thought we tried to balance away from this.
Are the increased wonder cost too low or is this an anomoly??
(Screenshot from emperor difficulty)
Edit: I can't count/read and while 5 is a lot its not as bad as 6.

upload_2019-10-14_15-5-9.png

Last edited:
The tradition + culture civs really do run away, probably time to rebalance. :c5happy:

The tradition + culture civs really do run away, probably time to rebalance. :c5happy:

He did only have 4 cities so I rolled him (with cats, eles and com-bows) and thats the risk imo as Tradition hoarder, in particular with a flat land capital where I had room to set up a good amount of ranged units.
I didn't see any elephants, maybe didnt have the tech maybe didnt care about barracks, he did conjure up a few swords but by that time it was too late.
The defense probably was good enough to deter another AI tho.

He did only have 4 cities so I rolled him (with cats, eles and com-bows) and thats the risk imo as Tradition hoarder, in particular with a flat land capital where I had room to set up a good amount of ranged units.
I didn't see any elephants, maybe didnt have the tech maybe didnt care about barracks, he did conjure up a few swords but by that time it was too late.
The defense probably was good enough to deter another AI tho.
The AI could probably do with being taught to be more cautious in that sort of environment, getting more defenses running when faced with aggressive neighbors in close proximity, but fact is as a player you'll almost always win wars and they have no real way around it.

They're much better than vanilla, but they still aren't that good. Even in deity I can trivially kill off my peaceful neighbors early game, to the point where I might decide to leave them alive for a bit just to see if they can get some wonders before I do so.

The AI could probably do with being taught to be more cautious in that sort of environment, getting more defenses running when faced with aggressive neighbors in close proximity, but fact is as a player you'll almost always win wars and they have no real way around it.

They're much better than vanilla, but they still aren't that good. Even in deity I can trivially kill off my peaceful neighbors early game, to the point where I might decide to leave them alive for a bit just to see if they can get some wonders before I do so.

Its very rare for me to kill off an AI early on in a trivial manner, it has happened but often the first AI is a real grind until religion, xp and great generals kick in.
But the difference of authority rough terrain vs progress/tradition flatland is huge.
Not to mention if the AI have early game UU or not.
Edit: and thats a thing with brazil, their UU is usually too late.

Its very rare for me to kill off an AI early on in a trivial manner, it has happened but often the first AI is a real grind until religion, xp and great generals kick in.
But the difference of authority rough terrain vs progress/tradition flatland is huge.
Not to mention if the AI have early game UU or not.
Edit: and thats a thing with brazil, their UU is usually too late.
Maybe it's that when I go warmonger I always pick civs with very early UU, but killing off a civ very early on tends to be the default for me if terrain allows the offensive.

Top Bottom