Wonder Ideas for C2C

Well I feel stupid. Apparently I messed up a wonder. Zheng He's Workshop dosn't make any sense since Zheng He was an Explorer. Which means it would be good to have Zheng He's Voyage as a wonder rather than a Workshop.

What I was thinking was actully a combo of Su Song and Wang Zhen. Which was confusing since I thought they were all one person named Zheng He.

But apparently Wang Zhen was an inventor and made a waterwheel furnace among other inventions. And Su Song made the Water Clock and other inventions. So looks like there should be 3 wonders now ..

- Zheng He's Voyage
- Su Song's Workshop
- Wang Zhen's Workshop

I will write up stats for them soon. And I guess Zheng He's Workshop will need to be removed.

Could you modify the code from the empire state building? It gives weird resources: A Culture, Geothermal Sea Vent (in mid Industrial...)...

It is done in Python. You will need to be more specific as to what you want. I can fairly easily get rid of culture and manufactured but what others are wrong eg off world ones.

@ Sargon

Here are new wonders for you.

Zheng He's Voyage [Wonder]
Req Tech: Astrolabe
Req Building: Harbormaster's Office
Cost: 1520
Req Costal City: Yes
Obsolete Tech: Screw Propeller

Special Abilities
  • +4 :culture:
  • +2 GP points
  • +50% Trade Route Yield
  • New Water Units get +2 XP
  • City More likely to generate Great Merhcant.

-----

Su Song's Workshop [Wonder]
Req Tech: Machinery AND Calendar
Req Building: Waterclock
Cost: 1000
Req River City: Yes
Obsolete Tech: Clockworks

Special Abilities
  • +2 :culture:
  • +1 GP points
  • +25% :science:
  • Can turn 2 Citizens into Scientist.
  • Can turn 2 Citizens into Engineer.
  • City More likely to generate Great Engineer.
  • Free Waterclock in Every City

Waterclock
Req Building: Aqueduct
Req Resources: Wood OR Prime Timber OR Bamboo
Cost: 33

Special Abilities
  • -1 :gold:
  • +5% :hammers:

-----

Wang Zhen's Workshop [Wonder]
Req Tech: Machinery AND Canal Systems
Req Building: Waterwheel AND Forge
Obsolete Tech: Steam Power

Special Abilities
  • +1 GP points
  • +25% :hammers:

----

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

@ Sargon

Su Song's Workshop [Wonder]
Req Building: Waterclock

Special Abilities
  • +1 GP points
  • Free Waterclock in Every City

I'd prefer +5% :hammers: from all Waterclocks or maybe +5% :hammers: from all townclock instead of another "free Building X Wonder"

hmm... do we really need a Workshop for every famous Inventor at all?

I have new idea about that: All Workshops/Laboratories (Like Newtown's or Einstein's) should only be buildable by a great scientist. Maybe the Workshops from Great Engineers. And Some famous Churches should be buildable by a great Prophet. This wy they get usefull even when they finished all Shrines and it "removes" some Great Wonders.

hmm... do we really need a Workshop for every famous Inventor at all?

I have new idea about that: All Workshops/Laboratories (Like Newtown's or Einstein's) should only be buildable by a great scientist. Maybe the Workshops from Great Engineers. And Some famous Churches should be buildable by a great Prophet. This wy they get usefull even when they finished all Shrines and it "removes" some Great Wonders.

Totally agree
But that need some work : GP can build buildings even if requierement are not OK. Onlt religion and tech are used today, not req in buildings, ressource or population

Totally agree
But that need some work : GP can build buildings even if requierement are not OK. Onlt religion and tech are used today, not req in buildings, ressource or population

Damn you're right, I forgot about this... Well, but this is clearly a bug and should be fixed at some point.
You said tech requirement works? That would be all we need, isn't it?

@Hydro: What about that: Instead of giving a free Water Clock in every city, it ENABLES them. We should make Workshops more unique to represent their "owner's" inventions. For example, we could change clockpunk, so that you won't build "Culture (Clockpunk) to get the resource Clockpunk, but you have to build Da Vinci's Workshop that produces Culture (Clockpunk). Archimedes' Workshop could enable a unique siege unit an so on.

Top Bottom