Wonder Ideas for C2C

Good idea. I tweaked it with new stats.

I think the limit is too low. C2C has taken everything way beyond the default settings that a limit of 16 is WAY too low. Especially if we ever get to outer space trading.

I'll increase it to 24 with my next push unless I hear objections...

As a general point (not strictly on Wonders, but they are the main reason it matters), there is a global max number of trade routes a city can have. This is in a global define, and in C2C is currently set to 16. It's actually pretty easy to reach this limit, as we have tons of buildings that add trade routes, and tons of Wonders that do especially. In my current game I'm up to 12 already as I enter the Middle Ages (none of which are from Wonders in that city).

This can viewed as either a problem of it being too easy to get large numbers of trade routes (i.e. - a general building issue), OR a problem with the limit being too low. Either way though, it's easy to hit the limit and therefore have a lot of Wonders that effectively do nothing special at all.

Keep in mind though that some pending traits will increase this maximum so if it gets increased too far the ability to push that maximum will begin to lose value.

Keep in mind though that some pending traits will increase this maximum so if it gets increased too far the ability to push that maximum will begin to lose value.

True, but right now the fact that it removes the benefits from a lo of buildings strikes me as more serious than that it could remove it from a trait. I also think that it's not really an appropriate tag for a trait - the trait one should just add trade routes rather than adding to the MAX trade route IMO (or else it's only useful in a very narrow band which would have to be retuned continuously depending on how many it's easy to get with buildings)

There's also a number of wonders, like Aachen Cathedral, that don't give nothing but stability bonuses. Is there a way to make them inactive in normal game without REV?

Alternatively, is it possible to attach something else to said wonder (Aachen Cathedral) and maybe the others like it?

There's also a number of wonders, like Aachen Cathedral, that don't give nothing but stability bonuses. Is there a way to make them inactive in normal game without REV?

Alternatively, is it possible to attach something else to said wonder (Aachen Cathedral) and maybe the others like it?

They are waiting for XML tags to be made so that they can be finished. You can turn them off in your games by removing the folder containing the particular wonder. Most can be found in Assets/Vokarya/Wonders.

No offense, but WHY would you want to get rid of something that made your city MORE stable?:confused:

No offense, but WHY would you want to get rid of something that made your city MORE stable?:confused:

Without Rev on they do nothing except clutter the to build queue. I could add tags to only have them in game if Rev is on but then we would need to remember to remove those when the buildings have the rest of their stuff added.

Which reminds me. Koshling you added an extra/special text tag to units for information that was not obvious or showing up in the help in the build hover over. Could you add the same for the buildings? The new guilds need it very much.

Without Rev on they do nothing except clutter the to build queue. I could add tags to only have them in game if Rev is on but then we would need to remember to remove those when the buildings have the rest of their stuff added.

Which reminds me. Koshling you added an extra/special text tag to units for information that was not obvious or showing up in the help in the build hover over. Could you add the same for the buildings? The new guilds need it very much.

Er...remind me what the tag I added to units was ;) I'm sure I can do the same as whatever I did there yes...

@Sargon

Here are some more wonders for you.

National Zoo [National Wonder]
Req Tech: Zoology
Obsolete Tech: None
Req Building: Zoo (Requires 3 Zoos)
Req Resources: -
Cost: 1000
Req City Size: 13

• +3 :culture:
  • +1 Great People
  • More Likely to Generate Great Scientist
  • Can Turn 1 Citizen into Scientist
  • Gives a Zoo in every city

---

National Aquarium [National Wonder]
Req Tech: Marine Biology
Req Building: Aquarium (Requires 3 Aquariums)
Cost: 1000

• +3 :culture:
  • +1 Great People
  • Gives a Aquarium in every city

---

World Wildlife Federation [Great Wonder]
Art: Here
Req Tech: Ecology
Req Building: National Zoo OR National Aquarium
Cost: 12400

• +1 :)
  • +5 :culture:
  • +2 Great People
  • +5 :science: to All Zoos
  • +5 :science: to All Aquariums
  • +5 :science: to All State Parks
  • +5 :science: to All Coastal Preserves

---

Thanks! :goodjob:

Er...remind me what the tag I added to units was ;) I'm sure I can do the same as whatever I did there yes...

You did it for the Immigrant unit. However it is probably not really needed. Hydro could just use the help text on the Guild buildings to give the player the information needed. Not sure that the AI knows that they are good or not.

Hydro, almost all of your recent wonders have a "free building X in every city" in it. While I love free buildings, I think it's kind of boring if so many buildings do this.

Feel free to post ideas of what wonders should give. I figured since we have SO many buildings that having some wonders give them for free would be nice.

Feel free to post ideas of what wonders should give. I figured since we have SO many buildings that having some wonders give them for free would be nice.

I usually hesitate to build that type of wonders, though. In many cases, they give buildings having maintenance cost to all cities.

And I think coast buildings like Lighthouse should be given only to coast cities.. but

Code:
	<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_BELL_ROCK</BuildingClass>
	<Type>BUILDING_BELL_ROCK</Type>
	<FreeBuilding>[B]NONE[/B]</FreeBuilding>

Bell Rock Lighthouse gives no free building. So it's ok. :)

BTW,
Code:
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_BELL_ROCK</BuildingClass>
<BuildingClassNeededs>
	<BuildingClassNeeded>
		<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_LIGHTHOUSE</BuildingClassType>
		<bNeededInCity>1</bNeededInCity>
	</BuildingClassNeeded>
</BuildingClassNeededs>
<BuildingClassNeededs/>

There are two BuildingClassNeededs tags in the building. It may cause errors.

Human Rights Declaration needs a buff/nerf, because +1 to :) and :health: for 100% WW is just too few. if you're gonna go warring/or just defending. There's two options:

1) Make it +5 to :) and :health:, which might sound overpowered, but for 100% WW that is justified.

2) Reduce the WW to 25%

Not sure yet, I just wanted to mention it ;)

As I said, I like free buildings... But if they are all given by wonders, this get's boring. I'm still for the idea to give a free building in every city once you hit a specific tech. For example, Rudder could give free Fishmonger in every city, just like the Fishmonger's Guild did earlier.

@Sargon:
Can you make these three wonders for me?

Genomic Encylopedia [WONDER]
Req Tech: Genomic Encyclopedia
Req Buildings: 10 Bioinformatic Lab, 10 Computer Networks
Req Resources: Computers
Cost: 37000
Req City Size: 25
Requires Power: Yes

• -50 :gold:
  • 2:gp: Great Scientist
  • Can turn 2 People into Scientist
  • +5 :science: from every Biology Lab, Microbiology Lab, Animal Testing Lab Protein Lab, Nuclein Acid Lab (DNA_LAB), Bioinformatics Lab (BIOINFO_LAB) [Last 3 are in my Folder]

This is the code to give buildings the extra :science:
Code:
<GlobalBuildingExtraCommerces>
	<BuildingExtraCommerce>
		<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_BIOLOGY_LAB</BuildingClass>
		<CommerceType>COMMERCE_RESEARCH</CommerceType>
		<iExtraCommerce>5</iExtraCommerce>
	</BuildingExtraCommerce>
</GlobalBuildingExtraCommerces>

Proteomic Encylopedia [WONDER]
Req Tech: Genomic Encyclopedia
Req Buildings: 10 Bioinformatic Lab, 10 Computer Networks
Cost: 37000

• -50 :gold:
  • 2:gp: Great Scientist
  • Can turn 2 People into Scientist
  • +2 :health: in every City
  • Free "Enhanced Species" [ENHANCED_SPECIES] Building in every City
  • +5 :science: from every Protein Lab, Bioinformatic Lab

Species Recovery Center(WONDER)
Req Tech: Genesis Biology
Req Buildings: 10 Cloning Labs, requires 10 Bioinformatic Labs
Cost: 42000

• Provides 1 of every Animal (and Plant) resources [Except Mammoth]
Use the Seed Vault as Basis.

Spoiler :

BONUS_BARLEY
BONUS_CORN
BONUS_POTATO
BONUS_RICE
BONUS_WHEAT
BONUS_BISON
BONUS_COW
BONUS_DEER
BONUS_KANGAROO
BONUS_PIG
BONUS_SHEEP
BONUS_RABBIT
BONUS_SEA_LIONS
BONUS_WALRUS
BONUS_CLAM
BONUS_CRAB
BONUS_FISH
BONUS_LOBSTER
BONUS_SHRIMP
BONUS_ALMONDS
BONUS_APPLE
BONUS_BANANA
BONUS_COCA
BONUS_COCOA
BONUS_COCONUT
BONUS_DATES
BONUS_FIG
BONUS_LEMON
BONUS_MANGO
BONUS_MELON
BONUS_PAPAYA
BONUS_PISTACHIO
BONUS_POMEGRANATE
BONUS_PRICKLY_PEAR
BONUS_PUMPKIN
BONUS_SQUASH
BONUS_MUSHROOMS
BONUS_WHALE
BONUS_CAMEL
BONUS_DONKEY
BONUS_HORSE
BONUS_LLAMA
BONUS_IVORY
BONUS_RUBBER
BONUS_POULTRY
BONUS_OLIVES
BONUS_PEARLS
BONUS_MUREX
BONUS_SILK
BONUS_WINE
BONUS_CANNABIS
BONUS_COFFEE
BONUS_COTTON
BONUS_INCENSE
BONUS_SPICES
BONUS_SUGAR
BONUS_TEA
BONUS_TOBACCO
BONUS_FLAX
BONUS_OPIUM
BONUS_PEYOTE
BONUS_RESIN
BONUS_VANILLA
BONUS_INDIGO
BONUS_GUINEA_PIG
BONUS_TIMBER
BONUS_PARROTS
BONUS_GUAVA
BONUS_KAVA

Note: I don't know what about Furs, and not sure about Papyrus since it isn't used anymore (AFAIK)

Thanks! :goodjob:

Do those custom tags work on Projects? As far as I know Project files are kept separate from building/wonder files in the core.

Oh really? hmm... then make them a wonder and change the Spcies Recovery Center's prereq to 20 Bioinfo labs.

Top Bottom