• Pantheon

Votes: 30 20.7%
  • Nobel Prize

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • Other

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, I would assume Machu Pichu and Petra could be both, the way Chichen Itza is.

Actually, I think the Civ3 version of Leonardo's Workshop would be better. 1/2-cost upgrades would help a LOT, but not be as overwhelming as the instant upgrade from Civ2 (though that WAS very nice.)

Zenon: Fine, then rename the Hermitage the Louvre... I don't see any reason why one art museum should be such a unique achievement that no one else can have it.

False!

I meat to say, to create a kind of worldwonder like the Louvre, but keeping the Smallwonder of the Hermitage.

If you think, you'll see that the Louvre is widely known and there is nothing equal in the world that compares to him (I think?). And you'll see that the palace of Versilhes is to France, as the Hermitage is to Russia, or the Jerónimos is to Portugal.

Petra
Empire State Building
Neuschwanstein Castle
Macchu Pichu

Would be my short list of world wonders. The bonuses are TBD, but Empire State Building may halve Corporate Maintenance.

Terracotta Army wonder - that's an original idea for a wonder... it fits though. Good idea.

False!

I meat to say, to create a kind of worldwonder like the Louvre, but keeping the Smallwonder of the Hermitage.

If you think, you'll see that the Louvre is widely known and there is nothing equal in the world that compares to him (I think?). And you'll see that the palace of Versilhes is to France, as the Hermitage is to Russia, or the Jerónimos is to Portugal.

I guess I'll give you a pass on rudeness since English doesn't seem to be your first language... but I've been to the Louvre, "thinking" isn't going to make me realize that it's so far and away superior it can't be compared to other museums. The Louvre is the most famous, I suppose, but ultimately it's just a big museum, much like the Uffizi, the Vatican Museums, the Met.... It's just not a world wonder, it's actually one of the best examples of what a "national" wonder is supposed to represent: a great exhibition for a civilization's art... which everyone gets to have.

Ahm? Rudeness? What are you talking about? English isn't my 1st language, but I try my best.

Does the Hermitage, and correcting me if I'm wrong, is more a Historical Museum, then a Cultural of Artes?

Maybe the bonus of building it should be to add in all cities a free museum. I understand if you want a SW (SmallWonder) than WW(WorldWonder). There for it's irrelevant whether or not should cities built museum just to add cultural and, let's put it, increasing National fever. (Yes I change the optic for the wonder)

Hmm, I actually sort of like the idea of having "museums" as a regular building, much like a university or a library. But I just don't get having any museum be a world wonder, when there are so many and so many great ones.

What about CERN as a world wonder? (It is the world's largest particle physics laboratory) I don't know what it would give maybe a 10-25% in overall science output?

Panama Canal (Great Engineer):
- Can only be built in City on Isthmus
- +100% trade route income for that city
- All Civs except Owner must pay 1 Gold to pass through City
- +2 Trade Routes in City

Leaning Tower of Pisa (Great? Engineer):
- +2 :mad: in city
- +1 free Engineer
- +1 Trade Route
- +1 attitude with all leaders

None, I think there are too many wonders as it stands. Makes the game more cluttered.

What about CERN as a world wonder? (It is the world's largest particle physics laboratory) I don't know what it would give maybe a 10-25% in overall science output?

I think thats th lab in Angels and demens

I like the idea of the national railway be earned by connecting instead of built in a city, however I would make it just that a "national" effect, earn when x number of city are connected to the rail network, where X is scaled to map size.

"Nobel: Available with Democracy: Gives every tech discovered a 10% chance to generate a free scientist in your capital~~~OR Every few turns the world votes and the winner gets money and a boost to current reasearch project"

...Democracy? What about the Nobel Prize requires democracy? The voting system is a bad idea, that would make it completely worthless to anyone who isn't eligible to be most loved, and the UN/AP give enough bonus for that.

I think scientific method deserves much more "pop" in the game... as it is it often pays to delay it because of all the things it obsoletes, and it doesn't open anything up. The Nobel Prize is a perfect choice, in my opinion, because it A) obviously is a way of rewarding/encouraging great people, and B) comes with the tech that eliminates the Parthenon.

Giving away a prize intermittently might be an okay alternative, but it shouldn't be limited to scientists. You can get a Nobel Prize for economics (Merchant), Peace (Prophet), and Literature (Artist) too. The only one that isn't really covered is spy.

There's no real reason for the Chunnel or Golden Gate to be on the map and not a wonder... the Great Wall is obviously "outside" a city, as are several others.

I suppose you're right about Petra, TheLastOne.

I agree about how and then the Nobel prize should be implemented. But as for Petra, isn't Chichen Itza an old city too?

Tower of Babel : stops the AI from demanding stuff every turn. "Sorry, no habla mumbo jumbo."

That is a WONDERFUL idea! It could drastically limit how often other civs can make unreasonable demands on you. Including thsoe constant calls for you to sever yopur diplomatic ties to some other civ or declare war against it.

During the 18th century, British and French writers often made lists of the Seeven Wonders of their time. They always included the Pyramids and the Great Wall, and as a rule also the Porcelain Tower in Nanking and the Colosseum. So I do think the Porcelain Tower and the Colosseum are very merited to be included as Wonders in the game.

Top Bottom