WonderProductionModifier

ExpiredReign

Deity
This is both in vanilla and modded.

After doing some research of this modifier, (its found in the Aristocracy policy, the 15% to production when that city is building wonders) I have found that it is actually being applied twice to the production, effectively a 30% modifier.

But! Not on all wonders!

Have a look at these screengrabs from a vanilla game.
I have taken the Aristocracy policy and started building some wonders, Great Library, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus & Pyramids.

I haven't made it through ALL wonders, and probably wont, just thought I would post it and share.
I couldn't see anything in the general forum, but then I find the search function on this forum next to useless!

Curiously if you do Google search the top results are from GEM files in the GitHub repo or a discussion on this forum between Thal & Skodkim!:lol:
The rest of the pages are all in either Chinese or Korean and look decidedly suspicious to me.

EDIT:
On closer examination I'm not so sure this is happening in CEP modded games! :eek:

Attachments

• Mausoleum.jpg
    Mausoleum.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Pyramids.png
    Pyramids.png
    488.8 KB · Views: 162
  • GreatLibrary.png
    GreatLibrary.png
    489.8 KB · Views: 120
Isn't there another policy/belief/marble/something that gives you production bonuses for ancient/classical era wonders? Is that what that could be? There's also the possibility that I messed up the activation of a certain percentage bonus or a tooltip is incorrect.

Marble, and a particular pantheon belief. And Marble gives it only to the nearby city.
Then Egypt UA and the Tradition policy give general bonuses. I'm not sure there are any others?

The three screengrabs are from a Vanilla game, not CEP.

I was taking screengrabs of the production queue to make comparisons with CEP to see where we can improve in the wording of our tooltips.

In a later modded game I saw that this DOESN'T always occur in CEP, hence the edit of the original post.
Our descriptions though for the different modifiers could use a LOT of work, too many are lumped together or not listed or incorrectly labelled.

So just to reiterate, the modifier shown in the screengrabs is only the one from Aristocracy, nothing else is active, and it is from a vanilla game.
The reason I posted it is if we re-use any values as defined from the vanilla code we will need to make checks that it isn't doing the same. I would hazard a guess that Thalassicus has already seen this in the past as the GEM, now CEP, code looks like it catches this error.
As the InfoTooltipInclude, CityView, TopPanel & YieldLibrary lua code all will refer to these values at some stage, catching it now may be useful.

...There's also the possibility that I messed up the activation of a certain percentage bonus or a tooltip is incorrect.

Actually I think the reverse is true. If anything your activation of the GEM code has probably enabled a fix to be found for this. Without the desire to search into what was actually being shown in the tooltips, I wouldn't have given this a second glance.

I was playing as Assyria and although there was Marble nearby I don't believe it provides a 15% modifier, at best a flat value of +1:c5production:, also no beliefs of any kind are active at this stage of the test.

"Marble is an unique Luxury resource in that besides its normal bonuses, it also provides a boost to Wonders construction in the Ancient and Classical Era."

While that is true, it doesn't explain why the Great Library didn't get the bonus.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

While that is true, it doesn't explain why the Great Library didn't get the bonus.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Had you built the quarry by the time you started the great library, and were they being built in the same city? The marble bonus only kicks in once you have the quarry (and so the resource is activated) and only in the city attached to the tiles.

[So if you build another city near the marble and the marble changes which city it is mapped to, the bonus will migrate too.]

I went back through the screenshots and looked at the full picture, not just my cropped versions and there it was, the Great Library was built BEFORE the quarry!
BUT!!

There is now another problem. According to the code the tooltip is defined this way:

Code:
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_PRODMOD_WONDER_LOCAL_RES">
    <Text>[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Wonder Modifier for {2_ResourceName}: {1_Num}%</Text>
</Row>

{2_ResourceName} should have been replaced with "Marble" but it was replaced with the name of the Wonder.
Has anyone ever seen the tooltip say "Wonder Modifier for Marble: 15%"? I can't recall ever seeing this.

This looks like it is the way it should be, it certainly would remove any confusion as to where the modifier came from. Maybe the code is pulling the wrong variable? Maybe the name of the Wonder is the 2nd variable not the resource?

EDIT:
Without messing with the DLL the easiest way to make this better would be to change the text.
What about if it read as:
[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Resource Modifier applied to {2_ResourceName}: {1_Num}%

That would then say:
Resource Modifier applied to Great Library: 15%

Mystery solved :)

I'm indifferent as to whether the text says modifier from resources or modifier from Marble.

Top Bottom