Wonders

@Falcon02 - You missed the point that if we don't have the GL then someone else does. It seriously harms our ability to trade techs as the AI trades them much more often than we, as players, would think to not to mention it trades them cheaper I think. It also compromises our tech lead completely, it means (vitrually) the whole AI will be up with us if a single AI gets this wonder. It isn't simply a matter of what it can do for us, it is what it can do for them. That is the reason I said it has the potential for the most harm earlier.

I like Pyramids - extensive help in growth, and
Hanging Gardens - happiness

Colossus isnt gr8 imho because it only gives a little more trade
GL isnt a problem (I hope) because on Monarch we should be able to develop a tech lead by the time it comes round to building it and so any techs we trade will not have been discovered by GL anyways.
Lighthouse is pointless unless we're Archipelago really,
Oracle is quite nice but HG is better - same effect 1 happy, plus the capital bonus and no need for temple.

Sorry if Im repeating others, just saying how I see it.

Bobby Lee said:
@Falcon02 - You missed the point that if we don't have the GL then someone else does. It seriously harms our ability to trade techs as the AI trades them much more often than we, as players, would think to not to mention it trades them cheaper I think. It also compromises our tech lead completely, it means (vitrually) the whole AI will be up with us if a single AI gets this wonder. It isn't simply a matter of what it can do for us, it is what it can do for them. That is the reason I said it has the potential for the most harm earlier.

In order for the GL to cause the AI to stay up with us 2 other AI's MUST be able to stay up with us to begin with, since the wording of the Great Library is "You gain a tech that 3 other Civs you have contact with have." Thus the Techs would have to already be out there for the AI to trade in order for them to get it from the GL. If the wording was "any Tech that any other civ has" I'd agree with you more, but it must already be in the "AI Tech Pool" in order for any AI to get the GL. I do not see the AI getting the Great Library as a great harm to us, just as I don't see us getting the GL being that beneficial to us.

Not to mention in the Demogame we tend to trade ALOT more then I normally do in any of my solo games.

My top pick would be Pyramids.

...well...you might...maybe...have a point then Falcon02...but only maybe...

I still say GL though

Bobby Lee said:
...well...you might...maybe...have a point then Falcon02...but only maybe...

I still say GL though

lol, I can accept that....

Falcon02 said:
In order for the GL to cause the AI to stay up with us 2 other AI's MUST be able to stay up with us to begin with, since the wording of the Great Library is "You gain a tech that 3 other Civs you have contact with have."

Hmm, thought it was techs that 2 other Civs you have contact with have. But the point you're making is still correct.

DaveShack said:
Hmm, thought it was techs that 2 other Civs you have contact with have. But the point you're making is still correct.

You're right, just checked the CFC referances, wasn't sure before, knew it was either 2 or 3.

I see that some wonder wishes are inconsistent, people want the best of two branches.
With competitve civs, such utopian scenarios are not feasible.

Oracle and Hanging Gardens will keep Japan happy until the Unique Unit, the samurai, is rendered obsolete. Fanatikku, the Capital, will surely reach 12 pop quickly.

With only temple to lean on and some diamonds in the south, and the 2 police units of despotism, we can only reduce 4 unhappiness right away. A size 12 city will require the 3 content faces from the Hanging Gardens and the extra happy face from theOracle in order to keep Fanatikku operational. Other cities may well need the 2 extra content faces. Monarchy also allows cities an extra police unit, Fanatikku should certainly have more than two garrisoned, 3 at least.

Temple 1
Diamond 1
Oracle 1
Hanging Gardens 3
Police 3

9 total happiness for the long term, sufficient to handle the security problem.

Keeping wonders and tech separate is a flawed concept, as the techs decide what wonders we can build first. And there is no nr 2.

I expect a consistency of thought in those who wonder about wonders, and set realistic wonder ambitions, not one person taking the 2 best wonders to look good.

Comnenus thanks :)

I still keep wondering if they wonder about a wonderful world, or wander wondering in the blind as Stevie Wonder, Who won the wondering on wonders?

Provolution said:
Keeping wonders and tech separate is a flawed concept, as the techs decide what wonders we can build first. And there is no nr 2.

I expect a consistency of thought in those who wonder about wonders, and set realistic wonder ambitions, not one person taking the 2 best wonders to look good.

Actualy, if you had read the Culture Ministry thread, you would have known that i'm doing this because his Honorable Minister Curufinwë asked me to do it in his stead. And it's the same situation for his Honorable Science Deputy Stuck_as_a_Mac. We are bound to the will of our minister. If we do something too important, we might as well get out of the office right now, because our bosses will be furious about it when they come back.

But your advice has been taken into account, your Honorable Minister Provolution. I have already contacted his Honorable Science Deputy.

Top Bottom