Wondrous Nature

I have just installed the new CP (9-2) that I assume has above-mentioned code in? Wanted to try to load with Wondrous Nature but I got an immediate CTD when trying to create game, even before the civilization screen pops up. When I deselect Wondrous Nature it loads fine, so it seems there's a conflict between the two? (with the 'old' CP the loading of the 2 mods went fine)

Didn't have logs enabled, let me know if it would help if I provide files...

Thanks for all the support!

EDIT: Never mind above. I got 2 CTD at first, but now it does seem to load with Wondrous Nature...

Hi while I have this integrated into my code and then some. I have not pushed to the master CP DLL yet. Will probably happen soon. Stay tuned.

Removed

I have just installed the new CP (9-2) that I assume has above-mentioned code in? Wanted to try to load with Wondrous Nature but I got an immediate CTD when trying to create game, even before the civilization screen pops up. When I deselect Wondrous Nature it loads fine, so it seems there's a conflict between the two? (with the 'old' CP the loading of the 2 mods went fine)

Didn't have logs enabled, let me know if it would help if I provide files...

Thanks for all the support!

EDIT: Never mind above. I got 2 CTD at first, but now it does seem to load with Wondrous Nature...

I'm not certain, but I suspect this depends on the load order, since Wondrous Nature also has a dll. I think if WN loads last it works fine, but if WN loads before CP it breaks. I should be able to make this work consistently with references; I've set up a test version of this and it seems to be working fine (as in, not crashing). But it won't truly work until the Wondrous Nature DLL code gets merged into the CP DLL.

The Giant's Causeway does not appear to provide a tile yield. Is that deliberate? I notice that the screenshot you posted does not show any yield for it. :confused:

The Giant's Causeway does not appear to provide a tile yield. Is that deliberate? I notice that the screenshot you posted does not show any yield for it. :confused:

It should definitely provide a tile yield. Perhaps I can track the bug down with more information about your setup. What other mods or DLC did you use? Did you use a custom map script? Anything else you think I should know?

It should definitely provide a tile yield. Perhaps I can track the bug down with more information about your setup. What other mods or DLC did you use? Did you use a custom map script? Anything else you think I should know?

Thanks for the reply. The only other mod I was using was IGE (In-Game Editor), so that I could quickly reveal the map and search for wonders. I was not using a custom map script, just Continents or Fractal.

I did a test maybe ten or twelve times, by the way, looking for your wonders. I found both Giant's Causeway and Salar de Uyuni (which does show a tile yield), but for some reason Mount Everest never appeared in the game. That seemed odd.

Maybe the problem is that I play Civ on a Macbook. Could that be the cause of this bug?

Maybe the problem is that I play Civ on a Macbook. Could that be the cause of this bug?

This mod requires a custom DLL, and DLLs are Windows-only, so frankly I'm surprised you even got the Giant's Causeway and Salar de Uyuni to show up at all on a Mac.

Okay so this mod is now incorporated into the next release of the CP. You'll just need to add somewhere:

UPDATE CustomModOptions SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'PSEUDO_NATURAL_WONDER';

..and the rest of your SQL/XML changes. You won't need the Natural Wonder DLL, just the CP DLL.

Awesome! Thanks Iamblichos! Once the next CP release comes out I'll set everything up to work out of the box with CP.

Awesome! Thanks Iamblichos! Once the next CP release comes out I'll set everything up to work out of the box with CP.

Also you won't need your custom lua files for the natural wonder popup or the assign starting plots. I've accounted for those in the CP, CBP, or if using the full VP (EUI or non-EUI). Everything should be good to go on that end out of the box. If any issues, I'll support.

CP 9-12 is now released. You'll just need to update your mod removing the DLL and the Lua's and you should be good to go. Might want to make your mod dependent on the Community Patch Mod though so folks will know to grab that first.

Do new wonders still have to be mountains?

Is there an ETA for a new version that works with the changes recently applied to the CP?

Yeah, if this is updated to work with VP, I've be interested in trying it

Could you please still update the mod to make it work with the changes that were applied to the CP a while ago? Would be a shame if the mod cannot be used normally, since for the rest it's really great stuff... thanks!

As the mod development seems to be abandoned, can someone tell me the steps I need to perform in order to make this compatible with CP? I am trying to run it along with JFDLC, if that is of any importance. I have tried many things based on the hints above, but I always end up with a screwed up town screen and cannot open production menu etc. ...

Many thanks in advance! :)

Can someone explain me if I can use art from this mod in similar work compatible with vox populi? I don't know if it works in the end, but if I cannot use it, there's no point in starting... I'm just lame and don't understand the "Reuse" part of the OP.

To be honest I always point out all people related to modmods used as a part of bigger thing, all artist and coders in special "Credits.txt" file. Will it be enough?

Plan for mod is total rework of existing Natural Wonders and add new if possible, but I'm not an artist and I need someone's support.

Last edited:
Can someone explain me if I can use art from this mod in similar work compatible with vox populi?
Yes. Most of the mod is covered by "The Modiquette", but ...

I always point out all people related to modmods used as a part of bigger thing, all artist and coders in special "Credits.txt" file. Will it be enough?
No. You will also need to add the following to your credits
"The image used in the NaturalWonderAtlas*.dds file for Salar de Uyuni is based on a work by Martin St-Amant published under a CC-BY-3.0 license. See here for the work and its license: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salar...yuni_Décembre_2007_-_Centre_de_Nulle_Part.jpg"

@whoward69 Can you help with one more thing? I'm using latest VP. I used all code and stuff for Salar de Uyuni wonder to test the things out. It spawns, it has correct placement, correct yields, but I cannot change its odd shape. I should get something like this:
Spoiler Should be :

Spoiler What I have :
upload_2020-4-26_4-18-58.jpeg
As you can see texture on top is correct. I think there's a problem with mesh .gr2 file, because I loaded in fxsxml file two different meshes (this and from everest) and the result is the same. They are imported to VFS. There are no errors in db or lua.

I saw @Iamblichos added things to dll of CP. Column PsudoNaturalWonder is visible, but I cannot check if the code for model finding is present too. Can you or someone help me with that?

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-26_4-18-50.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-26_4-18-50.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Okay so this mod is now incorporated into the next release of the CP. You'll just need to add somewhere:

UPDATE CustomModOptions SET Value = 1 WHERE Name = 'PSEUDO_NATURAL_WONDER';

..and the rest of your SQL/XML changes. You won't need the Natural Wonder DLL, just the CP DLL.
Where do i need to add it?

Top Bottom