worker actions

boogaboo

Josef Popper 4ever
I've tried to find the worker action times for industial and normal civs in relation to terrain, but can't find it for days!
Where is it? what is it?? plz!

Also, the fact that slaves are half as fast is not clear-
If I'm industrious, will my slaves be half as fast as mine or his??
Also, if I'm a normal civ, will slaves from an industrial civ be half as mine or half as his??

These are questions that bother me for too long a time.
Please answer since I'm bubbbbbbbled-out! :confused:

I cnt help you with a complete list of imes, but dont forgt that government type and Replaceable parts will also make a differance to the number of turns they take to do things.

According to the chart you divide the number by 2 for industrious. If you are industrious with a slave, the number would be multiplied by 2 for the slave, offsetting the gain for industrious. What this means if an industrious civ gets a slave worker from a non-industrious civ, that worker will work at the same speed he did before.

The slave penalty is relative to your civ, regardless of where the worker came from.

Example: clearing jungle – pre-replaceable parts

Industrious civ regular worker: 12 turns
Industrious civ slave worker: 24 turns

Non-industrious civ regular worker: 24 turns
Non-industrious civ slave worker: 48 turns

It does not matter whether the slave came from an industrious civ or not. All that matters is your civ traits and whether the worker is a slave or not.

The ratios stay the same regardless of the task.

These numbers are what make industrious so powerful IMO.

edit: These numbers are for PTW. I don't know about C3C.

I have been playing C3C industrious civs lately and that chart doesn't reflect the changes made to C3C. For instance I can chop a forest in 3 turns pre Replaceable Parts and my slaves seem to take more than twice as long to do most tasks.

The chart does not cover C3C. Vanilla and PTW only.
Could do with updating.... anybody?

thnx everyone for your responces!
(especially mad-bax and zerksees..)

I've been offline a few days now.
Also, I think someone should check if it stayed on all versions or not.. so I jumped the post.. kill me.

:nuke: I have completed my full excel reference file for workers based on the gif picture mad-bax pointed to.
If things have changed in conquests please notify me!!

It has 2 sheets, containing 6 tables for industrial civs and 6 more for non-industrial (not in that order).

I think this is the most convenient way to look at it when you are actually playing and don't want to multiply numbers all the time.

One important note - I've used the ROUNDUP function for worker actions, but is this correct? :
Let's say a worker completes a task in 2.5 turns, which is rounded to 3.
Then will 2 workers and a slave (2.5 workers) do it in one turn, or finish at the second?
If they will finish at the second then the rounding is correct.
Otherwise, the fractions have a value too, and the ROUNDUP should be removed..

Please look at it.. I've printed it!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/workers.zip

It seems that all slaves, regardless of their nationality, have a production value of 50%. No changes in your government have any effect on this.

[Edit] It appears that I was mistaken, as this list should show…

Democracy
Place Order Time
Hills Road 2/
Hills Mine 4/8
Hills Fort 6/11
Hills Outpost 1/1
Grass Road 1/2
Grass Mine 2/4
Grass Irr. 2/3
Grass Fort 3/6
Grass Outpost 1/1
Forest Road 2/4
Forest Chop 4/8
Forest Fort 6/11
Mtn. Mine /12
Mtn. Fort 8/16
Mtn. Outpost 1/1

Sweet; thanks for all the work, boogaboo. I had actually been working on a similar file myself, before this thread had come up, and had meant to finish it at some point but have had no time lately. Thanks for the compilation!

As for your question about the rounding, I'm almost positive that the latter is correct actually. The only reason I'd ever noticed is that I was attempting to compile results in my current game (I hate wasting worker turns when I move a stack onto something). For example, I can verify, in my own experience at least, that as a non-industrious, democratic civ with replaceable parts, I can irrigate a square - instantly on the same turn - with one worker and one slave. This would imply that a worker's expected value of 4/3 turn plus the slave's of 8/3 turn would combine to accomplish the task in one turn (3/4 + 3/8 > 1), if I'm interpreting it correctly. So you may want to add one decimal place to your data or something.

Otherwise though, thanks a lot for taking the time to complete a file for this! Have a good one!:goodjob:

Thanks all for the replies!

I'll try to refine the file soon to make it accurate.
And.. denarr.. You say democracy doesn't increase slave efficiency? Does that also apply to Rep. Parts?

I have to start doing some real checks and not just relying on other's information, but that contradicts my main trait, i.e, I'm lazy as a dead dog after a good meal and sedation. :rolleyes:

O, well, now I know the base file is done.. checks checks checks.
I'll update the file, and u people will update me what is still wrong.. deal? meal? I'm coming darling.

Yep, 's true. If they weren't maintenance free, I'd dump 'em into towns as soon as I got 'em.
I'm one of those people who like to work out the math for the best combination of items in computer games, so I noticed early on that the slaves took longer and longer compared to the regulars, and would compare them on mountain tasks.
Once I get around 100 workers, I tend to have slaves do pollution maintenance, or build roads to future city sites, or automate to build trade, while I set the paid workers to more urgent/lucrative tasks.

Wait a minute here... no offense Denarr, but I think you may be mistaken. I'm (unfortunately) stuck at work, so I can't check to verify anything right now, but I'm almost 100% positive that switching to demo/fascist or learning replaceable parts DOES speed up the slaves, as boogaboo has it in his current version. For example, I'm positive that my non-industrious, demo/RP-equipped slaves can build a road on flatland in 2 turns now, or a road on mountains in 6 - and I can almost guarantee that those times are way faster than they start out as. Also, I know that I use two slaves interchangeably with one worker in a stack, such that 3 workers plus two slaves will clear flatland pollution instantly the same way that 4 standard workers would.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive that the RATIO remains constant (slave = 50% worker), and in turn both would speed up with any advances or new govts.

And btw boogaboo - nice comment about the laziness - I like it. If I weren't so lazy myself, I might try to remember it...:D

Right now I'm in the middle of a mod game, I'll start up a standard game and do some checks. Might take a few days to get my workers up to full speed for a comparison, but I'll post and edit a list of comparative work times as things progress, using Americans for the max paid worker speed.

Originally posted by boogaboo
:nuke: I have completed my full excel reference file for workers based on the gif picture mad-bax pointed to.
If things have changed in conquests please notify me!!

It has 2 sheets, containing 6 tables for industrial civs and 6 more for non-industrial (not in that order).

I think this is the most convenient way to look at it when you are actually playing and don't want to multiply numbers all the time.

One important note - I've used the ROUNDUP function for worker actions, but is this correct? :
Let's say a worker completes a task in 2.5 turns, which is rounded to 3.
Then will 2 workers and a slave (2.5 workers) do it in one turn, or finish at the second?
If they will finish at the second then the rounding is correct.
Otherwise, the fractions have a value too, and the ROUNDUP should be removed..

Please look at it.. I've printed it!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/workers.zip

Noticed a mistake
Check Slave Before REP PARTS but after Democracy.
Democracy before Parts has no affect on slave only on your workers.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Worker_Turns.zip

Denarr.. I think you might be wrong..
I will check this out in the coming weekend..
My problem is that I currently do quick conquests and don't normally reach democracy or rep.p... I do get slaves though.. lots of them.

I will edit the file without rounding and with better excel abilities..
(Something is still fishy - I can feel it..)

JMK, your calculator is great!
Democracy remains to be checked since everyone got a different opinion about this (counted 3.. can there be more??), and I don't want you all to say you are sure..

So, trustno1..
But keep the comments coming and the wheel turning.
It's good to do excel files at work.. before the WEEKEND+PESAH2 !

Top Bottom