Worker automation

spammikone

Warlord
I made a mod with non-removable permanent pollution. Seems it's impossible to just tick-off the "Clear Pollution" flag from worker without rendering the AI braindead regarding using workers.

So I had to take different approach and made tropical fruits luxury resource, made sure no terrain will spawn these ( = there aren't any tropical fruits on the map). Like how railroads need coal and iron, I made clear damage need tropical fruits.

I started a game and played and threw few nukes towards other nations. After playing a little bit more, I noticed the pollution was actually being cleared away by their workers. :confused:

I declared war to a nation which had nukes by now to experiment with this issue. After getting my capital nuked and moving my worker to a pollution square, there wasn't a button for pollution clearing as I expected since I didn't had tropical fruits, but however the automated option was there. So I clicked it and what do you know -- the worker started to clear the pollution.

What's the deal with this?

You can make the worker action "Clear Damage" require an unresearchable tech, on the worker actions page.

EDIT: Also of interest, is that the exact same thing happens with roads. However, if you make them require an unresearchable or future tech, then any roads placed under cities will "vanish", at least until that tech is known.

You can make the worker action "Clear Damage" require an unresearchable tech, on the worker actions page.

All it did was remove the automated pollution clearing option, the normal automate button still bypasses this and clears stuff.

But if this is the case, why doesn't ehh... worker automation produce railroads in ancient times? Or when you have researched steam power but dont have the resources? Does it still work as intended if the needed resources are changed to rubber and dye?
I guess it's the exotic programming then. Frustrating to get defeated by this kind of thing which by all logic shouldn't be a problem at all.

Well my workers are doing nothing anymore. For some reason the AI workers all stay in there cities. I only removed the flags; Clear forest, Clear Jungle and Plant Forest.

Will that be any problem?

Well my workers are doing nothing anymore. For some reason the AI workers all stay in there cities. I only removed the flags; Clear forest, Clear Jungle and Plant Forest.

Will that be any problem?

In order for a unit to terraform (or for the AI to be able to use the worker unit), it must have all of those actions checked under Worker/Engineer Actions. To keep them from doing those actions, you would have to go to the Worker Jobs tab and give those worker jobs an 'unresearchable tech'.

Tom

Wow, then what is the point of those flags anyway.

Top Bottom