Worker Bug????

reese09

Chieftain
for the past 3-4 turns or so, after i've gotten Coal from Carthage, my workers, who have retreated into the cities to sleep, with nothing to do, still won't wake up. every time i try to even wake up a few individually, they still say "unit has moved already". even the ones who were outside of town are now stuck, and they aren't moving anywhere...yet they still say they've moved already. anyone encounter this? will put my save up if that will help...thanks in advance

The answer to your problem is very simple.
Look at the F2 screen.You don't have iron.
You need coal AND iron to build railroads.

duh...i feel so stupid...but, that still doesn't explain why the workers won't even wake up at all....? could it have anything to do with them being on auto when all the "work" was done? and that shouldn't even apply, because i'd captured a few workers from the Incans during a currently ongoing war and they can't move either...

When the End of Turn message is shown
in the right box, you can't move/activate
any of your automated workers anymore.
So this is not a bug.

thanks a lot...i guess i've never been in a situation where i've worked all of my tiles, and i sure did have all my workers on auto...

man you really should read the manual even raggo knows this you fool. Go home and play some chieftan

@reese09: no reason to feel stupid. We are here to help :) Ignore the bad posts. IMHO: Don´t automate your workers.

thetrooper said:
@reese09: IMHO: Don´t automate your workers.

At this point there is no real harm in using Shift-A (automate no replacement) on most of the worker force to lessen tediousness.

Or just fortify them somewhere until they are needed again. You can call me a control freak if you want to ;)

thetrooper said:
Or just fortify them somewhere until they are needed again. You can call me a control freak if you want to ;)

Exactly what I will do. Put them somewhere where you can find them easily so it's easy to activate when you need them. I don't put them in cities as I easily forget which city they were in :)

allin1joe said:
Exactly what I will do. Put them somewhere where you can find them easily so it's easy to activate when you need them. I don't put them in cities as I easily forget which city they were in.

I usually put them in stacks (enough to perform a certain task) in hills or mountains close to my best cities. As you said - putting them in the cities, so easy to forget.

Top Bottom