• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

worker strategy/question

laughingman12

Chieftain
1. Would you guys recommend turning on the automated trade router for workers?

2. Do you have to build in those blue circle? What are those for?

1. Never.
2. Don't care about them.

1. The workers start building forts everywhere.

Actually they only start building forts on ressources outside your cities BFC... And on ressources you dont yet have the tech to use... But forts take bloody ages to build so you can be sure your workers will be busy quite a long time, while there are for sure better things to do...

Thats because the workers on autoroute try to connect ressources for you...

The only situation where automated workers do not harm you (at least do not harm you a lot) is railroading. When everything else is improved, you can turn "Workers leave old improvements" and "Workers leave forests" on, then put some workers on auto-routing, so they make some railroads for you...

The only situation where automated workers do not harm you (at least do not harm you a lot) is railroading. When everything else is improved, you can turn "Workers leave old improvements" and "Workers leave forests" on, then put some workers on auto-routing, so they make some railroads for you...

I agree but even then I would build the main railroad network first to ensure communications are up as fast as possible before I would put any worker on automate. Come to think of it, I don't think I do it even then! :p

Top Bottom