Workers won't stay automated. How do I?

zula

Chieftain
I have workers that the game is all of sudden making me chose what they do. I try to automate them, but they just run to the nearest city and then it makes me chose what to do with them again. If I chose automate it does nothing. I have to hit the space bar to get to the next unit. This is taking a lot of time now, because it's making me do this to about two dozen workers. Does this mean that they have no work to do?

Thanks in advance!

They may have ran out of work to do. This happens to me all the time. Look at your city squares and you will probably see that a road and a mine or irrigation has been placed on them. When my workers run out of things to do I usually just have them join my weaker cities.

There was this one time though where my workers were stupid. Out of curiosity I map a map that was nothing but grassland. I was going to try to win with culture only by placing a city right in the middle of the map. Even at the beginning of the game my settlers would not automate to build roads. I had manually make them make roads. I know they couldn't irrigate because there was no water around but I don't know why they wouldnt do the roads.

Top Bottom