World at War - Europe (Historical Locations)

idragon

Chieftain

Wage War in the Ancient Europe against 10 Civilizations!

Each civilization spawns on their historical location, so its not random.
You get to choose from: Romans, England, French, Germany, Russia, Ottomans, Egypt, Songhai, Arabia and Greece.

City States: Bucharest, Oslo, Dublin, Stockholm, Warsaw, Carthage (Ty Eric) and Helsinki

I tried to make a moderate size map with a few important Civs, so on the high end game, you dont have to wait 30 secs for a turn, since the optimization of the game is horrible. At the same time i like to have historic starting locations.

Map: Large Europe (originally made by Dale)
Civilization: 10
City States: 7
Difficulty: Prince

NEW! Other features:
Spacebar mod (by Adam) - can use spacebar to end turn
50% less barbarians camps (by XiDragon )
Sattelite Tech reveals the full map with fog of war (by magus424)

Installation:

- Search through the mods (in game) browser "World at War" download and install or download and unzip the attached file and copy the directory to your My Documents/My Games/Sid Civ 5/MODS/

- Enter the game and press mods > start new game > set up game.
On maps, browse until u find World at War map, click on the Load Scenario under description, select your nation and then difficulty and have fun!

Screenshots:

Download: http://www.mmorpg-center.com/links/click.php?id=31

Version History:

Beta V4 (10/10/2010)

Spoiler :
- added more aluminum and oil resources
- added more hills near starting cities for decent production values
- fixed parts of the terrain near Arabia, still not final
- reduced the Barbarians camps 50% and their location spawns( thanks to XiDragon )
- added spacebar mod, which now lets you finish the turn by pressing spacebar ( thanks to Adam )
- added reveal map with fog to the satellite tech( thanks to magus424 )

The city state settler for Dublin is in the wrong location. Dublin is East coast in the middle tile.

The city state settler for Dublin is in the wrong location. Dublin is East coast in the middle tile.

Not all Civs or City States are in the exact location due to city borders expanding and other variables, there are just in a aprox historical location because we have to take gameplay in consideration.

Cheers

V4 released:

Beta V4 (10/10/2010)

Spoiler :
- added more aluminium and oil resources
- added more hills near starting cities for decent production values
- fixed parts of the terrain near Arabia, still not final
- reduced the Barbarians camps 50% and their location spawns( thanks to XiDragon )
- added spacebar mod, which now lets you finish the turn by pressing spacebar ( thanks to Adam )
- added reveal map with fog to the satellite tech( thanks to magus424 )

Nice lookign map, lots of wasted space thou at the top and west of the map(sea that goes nowhere has nothign in it). Wales is all wrong, its does not have a straight edge west coast....has sticky out bits(top and bottom) like cornwall, u have so much space to play with too :( (im welsh btw :p)

Pic of wales

Nice lookign map, lots of wasted space thou at the top and west of the map(sea that goes nowhere has nothign in it). Wales is all wrong, its does not have a straight edge west coast....has sticky out bits(top and bottom) like cornwall, u have so much space to play with too :( (im welsh btw :p)

[/URL]

At first i thought the same, but after finishing the game 4 times on this map, its actually quite good as in space. I tried not to add too much Civ States, since the slow the speed of the turn, its not extremely accurate, but close enough:p

Top Bottom