World builder unit placement buggy.

soulsprit

Chieftain
edit: playing on steam with GS and all the other packs.

I already read that the advanced options for worldbuilder are buggy.

Actually placing the units, saving the map and then playing the map seems to always work.

I want to edit the map here and there if I'm not satisfied however. While I'm not obstructed to do the following there seems to be a problem that I have to manually delete all the units and players and re-add them one by one if I want to edit my map again.

To be exact, everytime I save the map and then want to load it again in worldbuilder all the units have changed color icons or are named after another civilization. Having tried to save it anyway It makes my starting position random if I replay the map.

So I always have to delete all the units and re-add them one by one, even if I just want to change one or two tiles for edit, which is really frustrating if you want to edit the map more then once.
The biggest problem is the size of the map im editing (huge 2:1) with 12 civs and 28 city states.

Is this anomaly known and is there something I can do that civilizations and there starting positions remain intact?

The other problem is that the unit icon of any of the civs units seem to hop over to any tile I currently put any other unit on when I'm further adding all the settlers to their respective locations.
I have to remove the unit that hopped to a different tile by removing the unit on the tile I placed it at and then adding it back to where it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom