world seed - map editor

i know what the world seed does but how do i find out what seed number my map is?

If you have played your map and have a save file, or it's just a random generated map that you're playing, you can use Seedbeast to find the seed and settings.

If you just have the .biq file (the editor file), you can open it in the editor and press the "Generate Map" icon, which looks like a globe. In the bottom right, it will show you what the seed was (it'll be sort of grayed out). I'm not sure if this works 100%, but it seemed to work in my tests.

If you have played your map and have a save file, or it's just a random generated map that you're playing, you can use Seedbeast to find the seed and settings.

I believe Ainwood made all the seedbeast info available in CivAssist II. On the General tab (1st tab) you can get the game version, difficulty, victory conditions enabled, preserve seed, respawn AI, culture flip, SGLs, civ played, and several more items.

On the World Map tab (2nd tab), if you right click on any tile and then click on "properties", you can get the seed number, map size, landmass type, water %, climate, temperature, world age, barb and aggression settings, and the names of all the opponents in the game in the order they were generated.

I use CA2 frequently to make a quick check of saves posted here on the board without having to download them or open the game. That info can also be used to re-generate exactly the same map.

I believe Ainwood made all the seedbeast info available in CivAssist II. On the General tab (1st tab) you can get the game version, difficulty, victory conditions enabled, preserve seed, respawn AI, culture flip, SGLs, civ played, and several more items.

On the World Map tab (2nd tab), if you right click on any tile and then click on "properties", you can get the seed number, map size, landmass type, water %, climate, temperature, world age, barb and aggression settings, and the names of all the opponents in the game in the order they were generated.

I use CA2 frequently to make a quick check of saves posted here on the board without having to download them or open the game. That info can also be used to re-generate exactly the same map.

That is true. The steps aren't as obvious as with SeedBeast, but it's not like they're hidden. If Iambenben doesn't want to download all of CivAssist II, Seedbeast would be the quicker option.

i think i will download civ assist 2 since it was the sort of thing i was reading up about and getting interested in

Top Bottom