World Wonders Poll

What World Wonders would you like to see next in the game?

• Statue Of Zeus

Votes: 93 60.0%
  • Parthenon

Votes: 73 47.1%
  • Pergamon Altar

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Paradise of Daphne

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Circus Maximus

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Pantheon(Rome)

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Temple of Jupiter Maximus

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Abu Simbel

Votes: 51 32.9%
  • Arg e Bam

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Solomon's Temple/Herod's Temple

Votes: 46 29.7%
  • Borobudur

Votes: 74 47.7%
  • Moai

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Machu Picchu

Votes: 127 81.9%
  • Himeji Castle

Votes: 71 45.8%
  • Porcelain Tower

Votes: 71 45.8%
  • Great Mosque of Djenne

Votes: 69 44.5%
  • Tower of Piza

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • Louvre

Votes: 78 50.3%
  • Brandenburg Gate

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Other(please specify in the comments)

Votes: 22 14.2%

• Total voters
There are so many others that I can't decide for just one and thus won't use this option.

Concerning the Leaning tower of Pisa: it should have never made it into the game without the cathedral it belongs to. It is, after all, just the tower bell tower of one of the most wonderful cathedrals. Sure, the tower is more famous than the cathedral itself - but it's just a weird thing to include this way. Big Ben is, while named like that, also the Houses of Parliament in civ VI. Come to think of it, it's actually a joke that we've never had a real Italian cathedral (sistine chapel obviously doesn't count as that).
Would you count St. Peter's Basilica as a part of the Apostolic Palace in Civ IV?

Let's go ahead and get the Leaning Tower off that list, shall we? Poor foundations do not a wonder make, else Millennium Tower would make the list.

What of Mad King Ludwig's Disneyesque castles?

Above all, need more ancient and classical wonders that Qin can reliably build. That means no more desert or coastal requirements. Statue of Zeus, good. Parthenon, okay. How about the Pantheon? Could let a player, I dunno, select some more pantheons. Of course, it would be nice if we had another that was actually Chinese, but ironically the one Qin is known for is actually not a wonder any more.

Mesa Verde would be a fun, new wonder.

Itsukushima-jinja on Miyajima in Japan could be fine.

Take another cathedral than Notre-Dame of Paris could be fine. I am not good to say which one. :shifty:

I think of they want add something else from Paris they could add Les Champs Elysées.

I'd rather see rock-hewn churches as Ethiopia's UI.
Too wondrous--deserves it's own wonder. :)

Cologne Cathedral could make a good alternative Notre Dame if they wanted to change up which Gothic cathedral to include.
Cologne Cathedral is majestic, but it's also Neo-Gothic, being finished in the 19th century. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'd hate to see it in place of a genuine Gothic cathedral like Notre Dame de Paris, Notre Dame de Chartres, Reims Cathedral, or even York Minster (because England broke with the Catholic Church, it's easy to forget that the Gothic movement flourished in England almost as much as in France).

There are (or were) an incredible amount of man made "wonders" in the world.
So it is basically impossible to have them all in the game.
Furthermore they should represent many cultures from around the world and should represent styles from ancient times 'till now.
So I skipped most of the European and Middle Eastern/Egypt ones, how beautiful or interesting they may be, as they are already heavily represented.
Of the ones I could choose from I only took 7 and will add 3 from the "other" category, but there are so many, many more I could come up with.
The 7 ones I took from the list in no specific order:

1 Statue of Zeus (Olympia, Greece) An exception, because it completes the ancient 7 wonders of the world.
2 Borobodur (Java, Indonesia) Understandable they went with Angkor Wat as a wonder in the Khmer/Indonesia DLC but this one deserves a spot too.
3 Moai (Rapa Nui/Easter Isle, Pacific) Would be cool to have a 1 tile isle wonder.
4 Machu Picchu (Peru) A ruined city on top of a mountain in beautiful surroundings will be hard to put in this version of the game with the whole 1 tile wonders, but I trust Firaxis to come up with something.
5 Porcelain Tower (Nanjing, China) Sometimes named as one of the 7 wonders of the Medieval Age and was recently rebuild.
6 Great Mosque of Djenné (Mali, Africa) One of the most famous landmarks of Africa.
7 Brandenburger Gate (Berlin, Germany) A much better building to represent Germany in stead of the symbolic Ruhr Valley wonder (in my opinion).

And the other three I would like to nominate also in no specific order:

8 Khujaraho Monuments (Madhra Pradesh, India) stunning Hindu/Jaina temple complex.
9 Shwedagon Pagoda (Yangon, Myanmar or/also Rangoon, Burma) The beautiful and enormous golden stupa.
10 Göbekli Tepe (SE Anatolia, Turkey) made during the 8th-10th millennium BC!!!! The worlds oldest known megaliths.

And this list excludes any modern age wonders and up of which there should also be added some.

I voted for Borobudur, Porcelain Tower, Brandenburg Gate, and Great Mosque of Djenne.

My others:
  • Akshardam
  • Bahai Terraces
  • Versailles
  • Mount Rushmore
  • University of Sankore
  • St. Peter's Basilica
Others that would be nice: Laxminaryan Temple, Red Fort, Shwedagon Paya, Wat Asokaram, Ranganatha/Brihadis Temple, Hearst Castle. And the Kaaba or Dome of the Rock, but I'll wait on mods for that.

There are (or were) an incredible amount of man made "wonders" in the world.
So it is basically impossible to have them all in the game.
Furthermore they should represent many cultures from around the world and should represent styles from ancient times 'till now.
So I skipped most of the European and Middle Eastern/Egypt ones, how beautiful or interesting they may be, as they are already heavily represented.
Of the ones I could choose from I only took 7 and will add 3 from the "other" category, but there are so many, many more I could come up with.
The 7 ones I took from the list in no specific order:

1 Statue of Zeus (Olympia, Greece) An exception, because it completes the ancient 7 wonders of the world.
2 Borobodur (Java, Indonesia) Understandable they went with Angkor Wat as a wonder in the Khmer/Indonesia DLC but this one deserves a spot too.
3 Moai (Rapa Nui/Easter Isle, Pacific) Would be cool to have a 1 tile isle wonder.
4 Machu Picchu (Peru) A ruined city on top of a mountain in beautiful surroundings will be hard to put in this version of the game with the whole 1 tile wonders, but I trust Firaxis to come up with something.
5 Porcelain Tower (Nanjing, China) Sometimes named as one of the 7 wonders of the Medieval Age and was recently rebuild.
6 Great Mosque of Djenné (Mali, Africa) One of the most famous landmarks of Africa.
7 Brandenburger Gate (Berlin, Germany) A much better building to represent Germany in stead of the symbolic Ruhr Valley wonder (in my opinion).

And the other three I would like to nominate also in no specific order:

8 Khujaraho Monuments (Madhra Pradesh, India) stunning Hindu/Jaina temple complex.
9 Shwedagon Pagoda (Yangon, Myanmar or/also Rangoon, Burma) The beautiful and enormous golden stupa.
10 Göbekli Tepe (SE Anatolia, Turkey) made during the 8th-10th millennium BC!!!! The worlds oldest known megaliths.

And this list excludes any modern age wonders and up of which there should also be added some.
By the way, you probably don't want to Google the Khujaharo monuments at work like I just did... think Kamasutra with some bestiality thrown in

The carvings are quite amazing despite their NSFW nature

Last edited:
I would LOVE the supertree grove of Singapore, Ryugyong Hotel, the Dubai Frame, or Wat Samphran would all make great information era wonders!

I would like to see Panama Canal and/or Suez Canal. A wonder you must build that then provides a canal through a one or two tile isthmus.

In addition to the transportation ability for ships, it could provide GPT, or even gold for each trade route that passes through the canal.

I think the Kailasa Temple at Ellora deserves a mention because it was a huge and intricate temple carved from a single rock, at a rate that is unbelievable for the technology available at the time.

I would like the church of Lalibela (Ethiopia, a church made out of one piece of stone, production, and religious bonus)
CERN (could be a wonder that has to be built by 2 or 3 civs together at their border and ve three tiles large and give a massive late-game tech boost.
NORAD (could give immunity to nukes and some other defense bonus)
Lalibela: could also be harder to pillage
CERN: could also generate great scientists
NORAD: could also provide faith and amenities (thanks to its Santa-tracking capabilities); there's not many late-game military wonders that provide faith or amenities

Macchu Picchu seems like a missed opportunity -- seeing as you can place wonders on actual tiles and mountains do nothing.

To be honest, there oughta be a couple of wonders already that should be on a mountain tile itself and not a hill/flat tiles. Potola Palace immediately comes to mind. Petra is another (mountains next to deserts in addition to just normal deserts)

Macchu Picchu seems like a missed opportunity -- seeing as you can place wonders on actual tiles and mountains do nothing.

To be honest, there oughta be a couple of wonders already that should be on a mountain tile itself and not a hill/flat tiles. Potola Palace immediately comes to mind. Petra is another (mountains next to deserts in addition to just normal deserts)
Potala is certainly misplaced on a mountain. It takes less than 10 minutes to get from the bottom of the valley to the top of the Potala. Hill next mountain is a perfect placement rule for that. I would classify the mountains around Petra as hills as well actually, but they have some dominance, so opinions can differ here. Mont St. Michel is the closest to a mountain we have (even the name suggests a mountain). But is it really a mountain? I'd still say we have no mountain wonders right now in the game.

Potala is certainly misplaced on a mountain. It takes less than 10 minutes to get from the bottom of the valley to the top of the Potala. Hill next mountain is a perfect placement rule for that. I would classify the mountains around Petra as hills as well actually, but they have some dominance, so opinions can differ here. Mont St. Michel is the closest to a mountain we have (even the name suggests a mountain). But is it really a mountain? I'd still say we have no mountain wonders right now in the game.

After the points you've made, I think that Machu Picchu is the only wonder that I would say is legitimately on a mountain top. Even Neuschwanstein from V is more on a hill. Putting it on a mountain was a bit disingenuous.

Since wonders are on the map now, I'd certainly love to see some that actually impact the terrain functionally. The Panama and Suez canals top the bill, but conceivably we could have bridges like Golden Gate or Millau Viaduct that would actually go across a river tile with a road (maybe improved trade routes crossing them in some way).

Also:

Disneyland
Burj Khalifa
The Venetian (or perhaps just Las Vegas)
Hartsfield-Jackson Airport

Last edited:
I think there are enough wonders out there available for the designers that time has come for most civs to own one 1 wonder, meaning, only a specific civ can build that wonder. These I'd call: National Wonders. To qualify as a National Wonder the structure would have to been in fact constructed by that civilization at some point in time.

On top of the National Wonders, there should be 7 Great Wonders per every Era available to all to build. Giving us 56 Great Wonders to build in the game (plus the unique, national wonders - 1 per civ)

Like it already does in the game, Wonders should mostly give immediate amenity, gold and culture bonuses after completion, depending on wonder, gradually growing with time and booming with tourism (especially for ancient and classical wonders).

Top Bottom