World Wonders which Civ Players have visited?

not to many

- uffizi
- leaning tower of pisa
- brandenburg gate
- United nations (but only in vienna so dont know if that counts)

Big Ben
Broadway
CN Tower
Hubble Space Telescope (My father designs the detectors that go on these space telescopes, and he actually has a chip from one of the missions encased in glass)
Parthenon
Sistine Chapel
Statue of Liberty

Natural Wonders
Old Faithful
Lake Victoria

Brandenburg Gate
Sistine Chapel
Eiffel Tower (seen from the motorway)
Statue of Liberty
UN (from a distance - can you enter it, anyway?)
Broadway
Big Ben
Stonehenge
The Parthenon

Of these, the Parthenon, Stonehenge and the Sistine Chapel were the most impressive IMO.

Surprised no one has seen the Kremlin so far. I was sure to see it a few years ago but got too ill to fly that week. Hagia Sophia and Taj Mahal are also popular spots that seem to be missing.

I believe it. I only swam around one area (forget the name). Just happened to be incredibly underwhelming. A LOT of ridiculously gigantic clams though, which was the highlight particularly because I had no idea they existed that large until then

My favorite part about Borobudur is by far the small details - the engravings covering the building tell some pretty amazing stories.

You'd be impressed by the Bayon then. And I actively got annoyed with tourists who wander round Angkor Wat by rote because it's on the 'must see' list and completely avoid the frieze galleries (which were near-deserted) - I spoke to some who weren't aware they existed. The entire monument was constructed as a dedication to the stories depicted there, after all.

and perhaps could list these too:
Great Library
Great Lighthouse

If replicas count, can I count the George Washington Masonic Memorial as the Great Lighthouse...? Though I don't believe the Biblioteca is a replica, just inspired by the Great Library

Alhambra
Angkor Wat
Big Ben
Brandenburg Gate
Eiffel Tower
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Neuschwanstein
Notre Dame
Sistine Chapel
Stonehenge
Sydney Opera House
Hagia Sophia
Kremlin
Louvre
Uffizi
Globe Theatre

So none in the Americas. If you count national wonders, there's also the Hermitage and Oxford University, and I think the East India Company HQ in Amsterdam, assuming that represents what's in-game.

Grand Canyon - I am not afraid of heights but standing on the edge with the wind whipping up at you is a bit unnerving
Grand Mesa - There are forests surrounding it and lakes and other things
Statute of Liberty - get your tickets a year in advance you can't just go due to the demand
Broadway - There are several theatres on Broadway not just two or three like I thought but several it was fun but not superior to our local actors theatre

Uffizi
Leaning tower
Sistine chapel

I visited only 5 countries, and only in Italy I saw world wonders.
I am young, and I think that I will visit many wonders in my life.

Well, I'm certainly starting to see why they added Uffizi. It struck me as an odd choice and semi-obscure, and architecturally it's nothing particularly spectacular, but plainly it's a much better-known tourist site than I'd realised if the number of people who've listed it here is any indication of its general popularity.

Not as many as I would like:

CN Tower
Broadway
Statue of Liberty (technically, I only saw from the Staten Island Ferry, it was still closed for repairs when I visited in March)
Sistine Chapel
Big Ben
Louvre
Brandenburg Gate
Uffizi (I especially remember this Madonna and Child painting by a guy named Lippi- it was just amazing)
Notre Dame
Globe Theatre

The Uffizi - obscure? It is usually ranked among the top ten art galleries in the world. Though admittedly it doesn't get the same number of visitors that galleries in larger centres get.

Neuschwanstein - I have been to Munich twice, from which the castle is a reasonable day-trip, but never made it. Something about the fact there is no real history there. All it has ever been is a tourist attraction.

The Uffizi - obscure? It is usually ranked among the top ten art galleries in the world. Though admittedly it doesn't get the same number of visitors that galleries in larger centres get.

It might well be, but aside from art aficionados who's likely to be aware of more than two or three of the better-known art galleries? Hence my description of it as 'semi-obscure'. You don't need to be a historian or an archaeologist to be familiar with the vast majority of Wonders, which are in the game for their architectural, cultural or historical relevance. Nor do you need to be an art fiend to know about the Louvre or the Sistine Chapel, or a theatre-goer to know of Broadway. I'd say Uffizi is definitely more obscure than most of the game's Wonders.

Then again, I'm not familiar with the CN Tower either and that seems to have a lot of admirers as well.

My list seems to show a bias to the western world:

1. Alhambra
2. Big Ben
3. Brandenburg Gate (easy one; I see it every other week)
4. Broadway
5. Eiffel Tower
6. Leaning Tower of Pisa
7. Louvre
8. Neuschwanstein
9. Notre Dame
10. Parthenon
11. Prora (Hey, first one to list this! I wonder why....)
12. Pyramids
13. Sistine Chapel (well, at least the incredible long queue in front of it; I decided to limit myself to St. Peter instead.)
14. Statue of Liberty
15. Statue of Zeus (the rest of it; which is few enough.)
16. Uffizi (from the outside. Does this count?)
(17. Circus Maximus; I mean the C.M. in Rome)
(18. Here should be the Hagia Sophia. I still can not belive that I was in Istanbul and didn't visit it. Well, I'll change this in the not so far future. I promise!)

In Order of age:

Stonehenge
Pyramids
Parthenon
Hagia Sophia
Notre Dame
Big Ben
Brandenburg Gate
Eiffel Tower
Statue of Liberty
Neuschwanstein
Broadway

In Order of age:

Stonehenge
Pyramids
Parthenon
Hagia Sophia
Notre Dame
Big Ben
Brandenburg Gate
Eiffel Tower
Statue of Liberty
Neuschwanstein
Broadway

Broadway is older than the Statue of Liberty - it had become a major theatre district by the late 1840s.

My list seems to show a bias to the western world:

1. Alhambra
2. Big Ben
3. Brandenburg Gate (easy one; I see it every other week)
4. Broadway
5. Eiffel Tower
6. Leaning Tower of Pisa
7. Louvre
8. Neuschwanstein
9. Notre Dame
10. Parthenon
11. Prora (Hey, first one to list this! I wonder why....)
12. Pyramids
13. Sistine Chapel (well, at least the incredible long queue in front of it; I decided to limit myself to St. Peter instead.)
14. Statue of Liberty
15. Statue of Zeus (the rest of it; which is few enough.)
16. Uffizi (from the outside. Does this count?)
(17. Circus Maximus; I mean the C.M. in Rome)
(18. Here should be the Hagia Sophia. I still can not belive that I was in Istanbul and didn't visit it. Well, I'll change this in the not so far future. I promise!)

I listed prora! Best resort I've ever been to! I actually went as part of a history trip that took us from Hamburg to Berlin

I've been to a few World/National Wonders.
1.) Big Ben
2.) Broadway
3.) Eiffel Tower (the one in Paris, TN :crazyeye:)
4.) Statue of Liberty
5.) Oxford
6.) The Pentagon (drove past it)
7.) The United Nations (drove past it)

I kinda regret not getting to Shakespeare's Globe (reconstruction of the Globe Theatre) when I was in London.

If we include Civ 4's we can add
7.) Hollywood
8.) Wall Street

Natural Wonders:
Fountain of Youth
Okay it was just a natural spring in Florida that Ponce de Leon probably discovered.:lol:

Certainly:

Alhambra
Big Ben
Eiffel Tower
Leaning Tower of Pisa

I may have been to Stonehenge, but standing stones are so common in the UK that I cant remember; I like that Stonehenge was nerfed from Civ4 to 5. I may have also been to The Louvre and Notre Dame, but they weren't memorable. Id most like to visit the Pyramids for the coolness, the weather, and the danger factor.

- Colossus of Rhodes
- Globe Theatre
- Great Library
- Great Lighthouse
- Hanging Gardens
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- Porcelain Tower
- The Oracle

- Alhambra
- Broadway
- CN Tower
- Cristo Redentor